• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

can we change from generator to alternator

If we have 1964 sunbeam alpine with generator positive ground can we change over to an alternator. My understanding is that this is not possible. Please advise
  2. B

Steel hardtop

I have a steel hardtop that I am not going to use. I have been told that rails need to be fixed but can be used as is if necessary. I know nothing about these. I have pictures I live in NH and that may cause a problem. If interested pm me and we can talk. I have more pictures if you send me...
  3. B

hardtop identification

Hi I have a metal hardtop. How do I know if this one fits my series IV 1964 alpine. Not sure I am going to keep it but still need to know how to tell what it fits for sure...any identifying details that I should look for It looks like it will fit and was told it would when I bought it about...
  4. B

positive ground vehicle and alternator

Wondering if a regular negative ground alternator can be used on a positive ground sunbeam....without changing the whole car to negative ground???
  5. B

no fire coming out of coil

brand new coil and electronic ignition ignitor and still not able to start car. Change ignition switch still not running. Out of suggestions.
  6. B

change from positive ground to negative

anyone done this to their sunbeam alpine. Change the car from positive to negative ground. Is there anything other than the amp gauge that you have to consider. I know the battery but wondering if there is something else.
  7. B

no fire coming out of coil

we bought new coil because car would not start. Still with new coil car won't start. It has fire going into the coil but not out of the coil. It does not have points anymore we changed it to electronic ignition years ago. Fire at the rotor as well. any suggestions?
  8. B

new clutch slave and rebuilt master cylinder

My clutch is not working. We replaced slave cylinder and rebuilt Clutch Master Cylinder. Still no clutch. Bled it so many times lost count. Can't buy new clutch master cylinder for my IV according to Rick Sunbeam Specialties. Slave is not leaking but not enough pressure to move clutch...
  9. B

Metal hard top

We have a metal hard top that we got years ago and needed some metal work. My husband has got it almost finished. Just wondering if someone had a close up picture of the back of the original hardtop to compare to....Thanks
  10. B

clutch slave

This summer we had to replace the clutch slave cylinder on my 64 Alpine. It stopped working this fall. We got this clutch slave cylinder from Rick in California and he said use Dot 4 made in Germany only. So we did do that. However it stopped working after just a couple of months. Any idea...
  11. B

Brake booster for repair

If anyone needs a brake booster to rebuild let me know....just taking up room. REMEMBER: IT NEEDS TO BE REBUILT IT IS NO GOOD AS IT SITS.
  12. B

softtop front bar

Looking for convertible front bar where the latches are attached. Mine seems to be warped or whatever and needs to be replaced. When I latch one side the other side unlatches. If anyone knows where I can buy this please let me know. Thanks Bev
  13. B

center caps

Just got some mag wheels for my alpine....looking for center caps for them any suggestions.
  14. B

Decals

Hi everyone I have another weird request....do you know where I can get decals that say sunbeam alpine?
  15. B

Vinyl around glove box

Still looking for vinyl piece that goes around the glove box....haven't seen it in catalogs any suggestions???
  16. B

vinyl frame around glove box

I am still looking for the vinyl piece that goes around the glove box any suggestions of where I can get one. Did not see it in any of the catalogs??? Thanks
  17. B

hinges for covering soft top

Can you tell me or send pictures of your back seat where the hinges are to open the back cover. On mine they are visible. Are yours covered somehow or are they out in the open?? I have never noticed but I have not seen a Alpine with these covers locally. I wish I could hide them some how...
  18. B

Wheels

How many of you are using 15" wheels on your Alpines? I am torn between 14 and 15" rims.
  19. B

Seats 1964 Alpine

My seats are so uncomfortable. We bought the new foam and new seat covers but I guess maybe my age is showing but find these uncomfortable in my old age. These are the ones that the middle is loose or separate from the rest of the seat? Of course when we took them apart we could see why as...
  20. B

Looking for wheels for my Alpine

Would like to find better wheels for my Series IV. Would like mag type wheels not spokes though. Any suggestions on where to get them at a reasonable price would be appreciated. Thanks :)