• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 64 Sunbeam Alpine Series IV

64 Sunbeam Alpine Series IV

We redid this vehicle in 2008 Wedgewood Blue
  2. Hyacinth

Hyacinth

64 IV Series still work in progress. Son restored body and painted it now we are putting in new dash and rubbers all around. Leaks!!! Having fun with it. My baby.
  3. B

can we change from generator to alternator

It isn't that I don't want to go to negative it is that my husband has been unsuccessful in changing it over. It was in the garage at our house from April til July 25th not running because he could not change it to negative ground and get it to run. We bought the part to change the electronic...
  4. B

I really don't know. all I know is it would not start and soon as he changed everything back it started right up. I just bought a new generator last summer and now he thinks it is bad again. Maybe the brushes are stuck but I don't know why in a year when I don't run it all year. Oh well we...
  5. B

I don't want to change to negative ground we tried that and my car did not run for two months. I mean without changing the Positive ground. Everyone says it is so easy but I have electronic ignition went out and bought new negative ground for the Electronic ignition and it still did not run...
  6. B

If we have 1964 sunbeam alpine with generator positive ground can we change over to an alternator. My understanding is that this is not possible. Please advise
  7. B

Steel hardtop

I have a steel hardtop that I am not going to use. I have been told that rails need to be fixed but can be used as is if necessary. I know nothing about these. I have pictures I live in NH and that may cause a problem. If interested pm me and we can talk. I have more pictures if you send me...
  8. B

hardtop identification

thanks for your help. I thought it was as it seemed to fit.
  9. B

hardtop identification

It has the wing side windows and is not rounded and is steel. It did have rust as described but my husband has repaired all of that. I know they are valuable but have had no interest in putting it on my car. It has no lining/headliner in it yet but it is primed.
  10. B

hardtop identification

I will do that tomorrow..I will have to take some pictures and upload them. I thought of that after I posted it but it was too late.
  11. B

hardtop identification

Hi I have a metal hardtop. How do I know if this one fits my series IV 1964 alpine. Not sure I am going to keep it but still need to know how to tell what it fits for sure...any identifying details that I should look for It looks like it will fit and was told it would when I bought it about...
  12. B

no fire coming out of coil

Now that we decided to keep the car positive ground we have a negative ground ignitor for the flame thrower....oh well so be it.
  13. B

Yes it did not have the required ohms every how you spell it. Thanks again.
  14. B

we had a short and we were going to change to negative but decided against it. My car is finally running again. Had to replace distributor cap and rotor. Also had the generator rebuilt. So with all the new parts I should be all set for a while. Thanks to everyone for your help as usual.
  15. B

positive ground vehicle and alternator

Wondering if a regular negative ground alternator can be used on a positive ground sunbeam....without changing the whole car to negative ground???
  16. B

yes my son has one and bring it over. Do we have to have a special coil....we used a regular coil that was on the car I believe when we changed to the electronic ignition. Nothing special just a 12 volt. Somewhere we read it needs to have 3 oms not sure of spelling is that a special coil
  17. B

change from positive ground to negative

when you say change the Pertronix or other electronic ignition do you mean the whole thing or can we just change the ignitor inside the electronic distributor
  18. B

thanks what happens if my tach hasn't been working when it is positive do we still have to change anything when we change to negative ground???? Just asking.
  19. B

brand new coil and electronic ignition ignitor and still not able to start car. Change ignition switch still not running. Out of suggestions.
  20. B

anyone done this to their sunbeam alpine. Change the car from positive to negative ground. Is there anything other than the amp gauge that you have to consider. I know the battery but wondering if there is something else.