• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

Brake cylinder firewall spacer. Series v

I need a spacer. Anyone got an extra?
  2. R

Series V Grill

Looking for a grill. Someone swapped a series 3 grill on my series 5, I'd like to fix that.
  3. R

Series V clutch problems

Alpine sat for about a month, I went to drive it last week and the clutch pedal went to the floor. It was visibly leaking at the firewall just like the brakes were before I rebuilt them. I ordered a rebuild kit from SS and installed it this week, no change. I pulled the bleeder valve from...
  4. R

series V strombergs

Mine are going to require some serious work to make right, I'd like to start with a set that are in better shape.
  5. R

rebuilt servo

My red series V had the servo bypassed and removed when I purchased it so I picked up a used one from the wanted section on this board, soda blasted it, and installed the Sunbeam Specialties rebuild kit. Hope to get it reinstalled by this weekend and give it a test drive. The foam leather...
  6. R

Series 5 horn parts, steering, mirror

Need to find some more missing parts for my series 5. -Horn switch, not the horn ring. As discussed here http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13649 -Horn and bracket, Low tone, right side. -over drive switch blanking plate. PO drilled it up and added buttons and switches...
  7. R

Alternator bracket and Speedometer, Non OD Series V

I'm looking for the upper slotted piece of the alternator bracket and a non overdrive speedometer for a series V.
  8. R

Series V heater wiring

My adobe reader is telling me that the heating section of the service manual found in the technical data section of this website is corrupt. Does anyone have an alternate source for the heater blower and switch schematic and how it ties into the rest of the harness? I'm undoing some previous...
  9. R

1725 engine origin

There are no serial numbers below the distributor on my 1725 block, and the other side is stamped "FRANCE". There is no build date on the cylinder head, only the part # 1980981. I have a cylinder head from Alpine Addict that is 1980987, says h66 on it (1966?) and it is almost the same...
  10. R

1725 valve spring seat

I lost one of the metal cup washers that goes between the cylinder head and the valve spring. Its a 1725, anyone got an extra?
  11. R

Crankshaft thrust washer grooves

My manual isn't specific, and all of the parts catalogs are not clear. Do the grooves on the thrust washers face the crankshaft or the bearing?
  12. R

freeze plugs and engine paint

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from searching it looks like a semigloss black is the correct color for a series V 1725 oil pan and block while everthing else is natural cast or polished. Now were the blocks painted before or after the freeze plugs were installed?
  13. R

1725 rebuild, cam bearing question

I got my .020 over block back from the machine shop last week and I see only 1 oil passage in the rear cam bearing but a space for 2. Is this correct?
  14. R

Is this an Alpine?

From another board, a discussion came up as to what type of vehicle the red car is in this picture. It sure looks like an Alpine to me. Am I crazy?
  15. R

1725 near Texas

Seems that every running 1725 I find is really far away. Anyone near Houston or Dallas have a 1725 that runs?
  16. R

Crank rebuild specs

Got a call from the machine shop and the section I copied from the Haynes book isn't detailed enough for a rebuild. Does anyone have all of the rebuild numbers and tolerances they would need for a 1725? I tried searching but couldn't find the tolerances.
  17. R

Mazda Engine Swap

I'm new to this board so I'll do a brief introduction... My father purchased 2 sunbeam alpines almost 2 years ago when he retired that needed a little bit of work. I'm helping him with these projects between semesters at school, but a little bit of work has turned into a restoration project...
  18. R

Series V/1725 engine color restoration question

I'm just starting a restoration project on a series V that has several different layers of paint on all of the accessories. I'm sending the block off to the machinist this week and while I wait for it I'd like to get all of the engine accessories cleaned up and painted. Were all of the engines...