• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. fred1725

Tampa FL Area

Looking for Members in the Tampa, Orlando area who could let me know where I can find a shop or mechanic who could do some minor work on my Series V I am getting the car road worthy and need help. It has been stored in a garage for the past 6 years and needs to be run. Any help will be greatly...
  2. fred1725

Starter Motor

I haven't had to replace a starter in a long time, but I do now. I seem to recall being able to remove it without dropping the exhaust manifold. But now I can't seem to get mine out. What is the best procedure? The wsm seems to have it flying right out. Thanks Fred
  3. fred1725

Bumper brackets

I need a pair of front bumper brackets for a Series V. If anybody has a pair to spare, let me know you need for them or if you have a need, maybe a trade. Thanks Fred
  4. fred1725

Series V Engine troubles

My 1725 had been running ok but then started to run on 3 cylinders and then come back to 4and back to 3. I checked fuel, ok, replaced ign wires. rotor and cap and have spark to all 4. So on to compression check, 150, 150, 150, 75. My observation is must be valves or rings. Is there a way...
  5. fred1725

III-V Hardtop

I have a hardtop to sell. It is currently in primer and taken apart. I have all the pieces to assemble it latches, window, and all the rubber pieces (NEW) I have pictures but couldn't upload them. I am near Hershey PA and would rather have it picked up and not go through shipping. There is...
  6. fred1725

Engine dies

Help I put my sv engine and trans back in after painting and it ran for s short time and stalled. I would run it but but when I hit the gas pedal, it sounded starved for gas and died. At that point I thought I should clean the gas tanks as they had never been done. I cleared the gas line to...
  7. fred1725

Brake Servo Bypass

Help I need to bypass my brake servo. This rebuild appears to be sucking my brake reservoir dry. I need about a 6" long brake pipe with female connections on both ends to bypass the servo. Are these available? does anyone have one? I spent way too much on this rebuilt unit for this to...
  8. fred1725

Series V For Sale

Due to lack of use, it breaks my heart but it is time to sell my SV to someone who will love it. Hrdtop, wire wheels, I have owned it since 1971. It has been stored inside running condition for 30 yrs Needs someone to drive it. $5,500 Hershey PA area. Fred
  9. fred1725

Hardtop Latches for trade.

I have a pair of hardtop latches for the 3-5 series hardtop. I need a set of headliner bows for same hardtop. I would like to swap straight up. Any takers? If this doesn't work, they will likely go to ebay-ugh!! Thank You for your kind attention. I am having trouble with file size issues...
  10. fred1725

Hardtop Parts

Needed, I need the two clips that attach to the rear bottom of the Ser V hardtop that secures the hardtop to the trunk hinges. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Fred
  11. fred1725

Bumpers....Bumpers..

I have 5 bumpers (mostly ok) although unrestored, the usual mild pitting etc, I need to make them go away. I live near Hershey PA, if you can pick them up, they are yours. You must take all of them. Fred
  12. fred1725

Electrical Circuit Live

Electrical Circuit Live!!! I am finishing up putting my Series V back together. I went to finally start the engine and got nothing. No red ignition, no solenoid click, nothing. So I jiggled everything and then it worked fine for a couple of cycles. Next time out I turned it on and all was...
  13. fred1725

More Paint ???'s

I finally have my Series V 15009 in the shop and the body is done. The new floorboards look great, my wife said the floors were so bad it was like the Flintstones car. All the nasty rust has been cut and welded with replacement panels. My question is, what is the jury verdict on the best type...
  14. fred1725

Wood Dash

I have a wood dash that I need to refurb. I have found really nice burled walnut veneer that I haven't yet bought. Does anyone know if there are pre cut veneers available? I am redoing Ser V 395015009. Also, do the glass covers come off the speedo, tach etc so I can clean the inside of the...
  15. fred1725

25 Spline Yoke

Help, I have a 25 spline Series V transmission, but I don't have the 25 spline sleeve yoke to go from the rear of the tranny to the drive shaft. Can anybody help me. Whatever a fair price is. On the plus side, I have Throrouhbred and Classics, (an English mag) that I subscribed to from about...
  16. fred1725

Overdrive

I have an overdrive unit that I was told came off a Series III. Date # 28 12 61 also 11DA15 778 It is reverse Left down can anyone shed light on Series II or III and is there any difference? Thanks in advance Fred
  17. fred1725

Engine Compression

All; I'm working on making my dad's Alpine Ser V roadwothy and more. My question is I took compression readings on the engine when cold, not hot and got 135 lbs in all 4. I was told to check after shooting motor oil in to check wet. I was told if this reading was higher it would mean either...
  18. fred1725

Overdrive Relay

I need a relay for an overdrive transmission. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Fred
  19. fred1725

SeriesII Uncovered

I was driving on Rt 116 between Hanover and Gettysburg when I spotted this poor soul. It has been uncovered awhile. It appears to be at a closed down body shop. It looks like the body was stripped for repair as there is new metal on the rockers and dog legs. There are new floorboards (quality?)...
  20. fred1725

Overdrive box

I have an overdrive question and hope someone can educate me. Awhile back I aquired a D Type rebuilt overdrive unit only, no transmission. Here comes my ignorance.. I thought I could just mount it on the rear of my regular box and voila... I guess that was ignorant. Is there any way to mount...