• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. beamertwo

Dellorto DHLA 40F and Deronico D20 manifold

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has ever encountered this problem: I have a pair of Dellorto DHLA 40F carbs and a Deronico D20 manifold. The problem is that while the lower manifold to carb studs fit perfectly, the top two are just a little out. It doesn't appear to be bent studs causing...
  2. beamertwo

Brake woes

This issue has me tearing my hair out... Earlier this year I replaced basically everything in the brakes: new caliper pistons and seals, new master cylinder seals, new flexible hoses, new rear linings and seals and an after market servo. The brakes work OK but the pedal travel is very long (so...
  3. beamertwo

Alpine Rear hub seals

During the full brake rebuild of my Series 2 Alpine, I also replaced the rear hub seals (the right hand side was leaking). After putting everything together the right hand hub is still leaking. I have read the postings regarding the fitting of a sleeve to the hub, but was wondering if a simpler...
  4. beamertwo

S2 soft top frame

I am in the process of repairing the soft top frame on my Series 2 Alpine and have a couple of questions. Firstly, are the side (folding) rails straight, or do they have have slight "kinks" in them - mine do, but I'm not sure if this is due to nearly 60 years of use and abuse. Secondly, the...
  5. beamertwo

Brakes

I am in the process of rebuilding the brakes on my Series 2 Alpine and have looked at the prices supplied by Sunbeam Specialties and Victoria British. The total cost of the bits I need sourced from SS is a little over twice the cost from VB. So what's the difference? Rick
  6. beamertwo

Carpets

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the carpet kits for SI/II and SIII/IV/V - other than the boot (sorry trunk!) carpet? Thanks.
  7. beamertwo

S5 engine in S2

I have been running a S2 Alpine with a 1725 and a modified Hillman Hunter GT inlet manifold without the firewall brace in place. I now want to fit a S5 manifold and reinstate the brace, but there is very little room between the brace and the rear carb - not enough for an aircleaner. Were the...
  8. beamertwo

Sunbeams at Australian F1 GP

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere in the forum yet, but Sunbeam has been selected as the Marque to carry the drivers on their "display" lap at this year's Australian Formula One Grand Prix. I believe there will be both Alpines and Tigers carrying the drivers - some wonderful...
  9. beamertwo

What goes where?

A question for anyone out there who has a right hand drive Series 2 Alpine. There are two holes in the firewall just to the right of the engine, one for the speedo cable one for the oil pressure gauge line - at least that's what I think the holes are for! The question is, which hole is for which...
  10. beamertwo

Sunbeam wreck pictures

I have been the magazine editor for the Sunbeam Owners' Club of NSW for some years now and have always always included a last page entitled "The End" (creative huh?) which features a Sunbeam in its final resting place - a wrecking yard, in a field, overgrown by bushes, etc. (Some would say I am...
  11. beamertwo

Registry only shows Series I?

Is it just me, or does the Registry only show Series Is? Or is there some trick to getting to the other Series?
  12. beamertwo

Twin Solex C40 DDH

Anyone had any experience running a twin Solex C40 DDH setup on a 1725? I think I can pick up a pair cheaply. I have heard they are as good as Webber DCOEs or Dellortos.