• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

Not sure on the gauge, as I don't have an old one. I know they are used on MGAs, but mine is out for paint so I cannot check it. I was going to measure the distance between holes and try to match it up. I called SS and they said no one ever asked for them before. I am also searching for...
  2. S

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

Thank you!
  3. S

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

My source in the UK cannot locate any locktabs. I am probably going to go with threadlocker unless I can find bolts drilled for safety wire. Thank you all for your help and advice. John
  4. S

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

I will update if I hear back. JRQ
  5. S

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

Thank you! I have a possible source in the UK, I sent him an email. If I cannot find them, I will go with thread locker. JRQ
  6. S

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

Exactly! Back to my original question - does anyone know where to buy them?
  7. S

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

I have wire wheels, and the drums are held on with four bolts. My bolts had nothing, no lockwashers, no flat washers and no locktabs. None of the diagrams (such as the one above) show the bolts. Then I found a post from way back which refers to locktabs. There are a few posts on the forum...
  8. S

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

I would expect to find something like these:
  9. S

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

The drums.
  10. S

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

Based on some old forum posts, I beleive there should be locktabs to secure the 4 bolts retaining the rear brake drum (on a Series V with wire wheels). Does anyone know of a source for these? Thank you!
  11. S

Series V Soft Top Cover Installation

Thank you all for your input! Much appreciated! John
  12. S

Series V Soft Top Cover Installation

I just purchased a new soft top cover for my 67 Series V (to cover the convertible top when it is down), but there is none on the car and I have no idea how or where to attach it to the body - screws, rivets, etc. and where. Any guidance would be sincerely appreciated. I am guessing I need to...
  13. S

If you are in NJ, feel free to reach out to me.

If you are in NJ, feel free to reach out to me.