• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Craigegg

Hard top paint colors

Can anyone tell me what the original hard top paint color on SII was. My car is carnival red but it has a black hard top. Was this typical color scheme?
  2. Craigegg

Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival

just finished this weekend at lake Garnett Kansas. During the 60’s and early seventies Lake Garnett Grand Prix was a national event Including a Sunbeam Alpine driven be Don Sesslar. Now every year they have a Grand Prix revival. Even though it’s not a competition race, drivers come from all...
  3. Craigegg

Leaking SII zenith carb

I’m having a hard time trying to stop a leak from the zenith carburetor body. It looks like it’s leaking from the linkage at the lower body of the carburetor but not sure . Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
  4. Craigegg

Removing wiper arms from spindles

Can anyone tell me if there is a trick for removing the screen wiper arms from the spindle? I have tried to depress the retaining clip that you can barely reach. All I have gotten are pricked and scraped fingers Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks
  5. Craigegg

Grill removal on S2

Can anyone tell me how to remove the front grill on a S2 with out mangling it up? Thank you
  6. Craigegg

Mounting screws for soft top latch to window frame

Can anyone tell me what size the mounting screw that fit the soft top latch to window frame? I don’t have any to compare to.
  7. Craigegg

Don Sesslar, Sunbeam Alpine pioneer

DON SESSLAR  21/5/1927 - 19/5/2019 RECORD UPDATED 03-JAN-23  
Don Sesslar of Columbus, Ohio, started with sports cars in 1957 driving a Porsche Spyder finishing 12th that year in SCCA National Championship Points. In 1958 driving a Porsche 550RS, he finished 2nd in National Points. In 1959...
  8. Craigegg

Alpine S2 window removal

Can someone tell me how in the world I get the window out of door? I read the shop manual on window removal but most makes no sense to me. I see the regulator though the door panel and it says to first spring out the regulator arms from the track, that doesn’t work. Any help would be greatly...
  9. Craigegg

S2 radio console

I have a original s2 radio console with speaker. When I open it up it has tubes (I’m old enough to remember). I noticed it has a tag on the back that says positive ground. Does anyone know if it’s a problem to have it negative ground, I believe it the original with the car as it’s a Motorola...
  10. Craigegg

Series 2 carb leaks fuel

Does anyone know why I have fuel leaking from around the bottom of my carb? I changed the o ring on the main jet, I’m not sure if it fits properly or maybe another issue. Any ideas?