• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Craigegg

Hard top paint colors

I’m fond of the black one myself but both look amazing. Thanks for all your replies
  2. Craigegg

Hard top paint colors

Ad
  3. Craigegg

Hard top paint colors

Maybe it was a special paint request for the add. Like you said the world may never know
  4. Craigegg

Hard top paint colors

I wasn’t sure, I saw one with a red hard top, but he might have painted it to match the car color. Thanks for your response.
  5. Craigegg

Hard top paint colors

Can anyone tell me what the original hard top paint color on SII was. My car is carnival red but it has a black hard top. Was this typical color scheme?
  6. Craigegg

Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival

just finished this weekend at lake Garnett Kansas. During the 60’s and early seventies Lake Garnett Grand Prix was a national event Including a Sunbeam Alpine driven be Don Sesslar. Now every year they have a Grand Prix revival. Even though it’s not a competition race, drivers come from all...
  7. Craigegg

1725 Usable Head?

To me, it doesn’t look bad. The issues I have with my heads is that the water jackets have pitted or eroded to the point they leak past the gasket.
  8. Craigegg

Leaking SII zenith carb

Any one else that would like to chime in on the fuel line fittings please do. Thanks all
  9. Craigegg

Leaking SII zenith carb

Hi Bernd A better set of eyes discovered on the fuel line fittings that are questionable,some small nicks. If I wanted to change the fittings I’m not sure if they are available or replaceable. Cutting the fuel line to install a fitting with a compression ring would make it to short. Any options.
  10. Craigegg

Leaking SII zenith carb

Hi Bernd, in response to your reply I inspected the fuel line and inlet to the carb I didn’t notice any cracks or splits. I did find it seems to leak only when the throttle opens. What does that sound like? Thanks
  11. Craigegg

Leaking SII zenith carb

I will take it off and do a inspection, I appreciate the input I will let you know my findings. Thank you for your help
  12. Craigegg

Leaking SII zenith carb

I’ll check, but it seems to be leaking just above that. Thanks all for your input
  13. Craigegg

Leaking SII zenith carb

Hi Bernd, here are some pictures of my carb
  14. Craigegg

Leaking SII zenith carb

Thanks Sounds about right, I had change the O Ring in the needle valve thinking that maybe it, didn’t make any difference.
  15. Craigegg

Leaking SII zenith carb

I’m having a hard time trying to stop a leak from the zenith carburetor body. It looks like it’s leaking from the linkage at the lower body of the carburetor but not sure . Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
  16. Craigegg

1962 Alpine Header Removal

My SII was welded on so I had to cut them past the Y, I then took them to a welder so I could attach it by a exhaust clamp.
  17. Craigegg

Removing wiper arms from spindles

I was able to remove them with the help of a rubber mallet and a screwdriver, the retainer clips were not even working.
  18. Craigegg

Removing wiper arms from spindles

Can anyone tell me if there is a trick for removing the screen wiper arms from the spindle? I have tried to depress the retaining clip that you can barely reach. All I have gotten are pricked and scraped fingers Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks
  19. Craigegg

Grill removal on S2

I’ll try it, will see how much I get scratched up.
  20. Craigegg

Grill removal on S2

Thank you, a bit more involved then I thought.