• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Floor guy

Postal Jeep

If I decide to go with a jeep dan 44 from a cj5 or postal jeep does it need to be narrowed? Will the spring perches need relocating?
  2. Floor guy

body panel troubles

I bought several body repair panels from classic sunbeam. I couldnt be more disappointed. Not one of the panels aside from being nominally the right shape was the right size. The rocker panels were closer to a banana than a rocker panel. When held up to the car both ends curved up by at least...
  3. Floor guy

cross brace metal

Does anyone know what gauge of metal was used on the cross brace? Mine has some rust that needs to be addressed and I cant tell what gauge steel was used.
  4. Floor guy

V6 conversion bell housing

How do you remove the clutch fork and actuator shaft from the bell housing. It is an internal fork assembly I will be going with a different throwout bearing setup.
  5. Floor guy

floor pans

Where can I source floor pans for a series V. I have had no luck searching so far.
  6. Floor guy

speedometer gear

What speedo sender works best for the T5 in a V6 conversion?
  7. Floor guy

V6 flywheel

What is a good part number for a flywheel for the v6 conversion? My engine is from an 85 ranger and has a clutch and flywheel still on it. Will that work with the mustang II bellhousing?
  8. Floor guy

Postal jeep rear end

What years are best for getting a postal jeep rear end? What needs to be done to it to bolt into a SV Alpine?What gear ratio works best for the V6 conversion? I plan on doing a V6 conversion fairly soon and have talked to dan about getting his parts. But I may not stop there and am looking for...
  9. Floor guy

Brake upgrade

I have a 1966 series v. I plan on upgrading the brakes. What is the best and easiest master cylinder upgrade? I have seen the wilwood master and also have seen various other ones dual reservoir setups. Will a front disk upgrade for a tiger work on a alpine? Speedway has a kit for a tiger that is...
  10. Floor guy

My barn find

This is my barn find I've had it for a few days and actually got it running. It's a 1966 series v. The lady that I bought it from her and her husband bought it at a Chrysler dealership in 1968 in Chicago they moved to Tennessee in 1978 then at some point the motor was rebuilt as far as she knows...