• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

1959 Rapier paint color

It's time for me to consider my paint options, though I am pretty far away painting I want to consider my approach. I do not have a paint code on my VIN plate. My car is off white and maroon. I am guessing that the Alpine color for that year is Moonstone and perhaps Venetian Red for the maroon...
  2. C

1959 Rapier electrical harness

I have been working for the past week on chasing electrical gremlins after I have installed a (slightly better) wire harness from my parts car into my project Rapier. This is a series 2 and the wiring diagrams I have do not exactly match my vehicle. The one I have that is the best is for a...
  3. C

Clutch Master Cylinder Removal

Hi all. I am confused. I am trying to remove the clutch master cylinder. It's unbolted from the firewall and the pushrod has been detached from the pedal, but I cannot remove the unit as there is a spring and plastic round element bigger than the hole. This spring and plastic piece do not show...
  4. C

Gasket Set "Hot Spot" Items

I obtained a top end gasket set for my 1959 Rapier. included in the set are 2 items listed as "Hot Spot". Any idea of how they are used and where? They are specifically called out to be used on Rapiers.
  5. C

1959 Rapier push rod tube.

In cleaning up my head I realized there was a hole under some rust scaling, in one of the push rod tubes. I thought, no problem I have a second head. That one ends up having the exact same issue; a hole in one of the tubes. I looked online for info on the possibility of replacing it. I found...
  6. C

1959 Rapier freeze plugs

Does anybody know where one might find a set of freeze plugs (core plugs) for a 1959 Rapier? I am hoping for a North American source.
  7. C

1959 Rapier steering box

Hello all new guy here. I have taken on a big project, my 1959 Sunbeam Rapier. I am here in the US. I have been searching for info on the steering box. I had removed everything from the engine compartment including the steering components. Nothing was moving. No steering wheel rotation. I...