• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

1959 Rapier paint color

Excellent. Good to hear about it. What a cool car you have. I really think the Rapier makes a great convertible.
  2. C

1959 Rapier paint color

Very interesting! Thanks for that. There in print is my color scheme. Pearl grey / Pippin red and the Pearl grey vinyl with Bright red vinyl.
  3. C

1959 Rapier paint color

Hard to say if the "white" of the wheels is the body color or the foam white. Perhaps it is whiter than the faded body pearl grey.
  4. C

1959 Rapier paint color

In my research, the foam grey seems to be a Hillman color and the pearl grey is a Sunbeam color. I took the lower center console from my Rapier to the store to look for a representative paint sample card. In doing so I think I discovered that this console and the painted frame for the lower...
  5. C

1959 Rapier paint color

That is a good idea.
  6. C

1959 Rapier paint color

There is no way for me to take a sample of the second color. It is the roof and accent on the body panels.
  7. C

1959 Rapier paint color

Well now I have found Ditzler codes and Dupont codes for the two colors I need. Are the Dupont codes the same for Nason?
  8. C

1959 Rapier paint color

Yes that sounds like what I am looking for. Thanks for the input. I have tried to find paint codes online. I know this is one of those age-old questions here in the forum. I have found a "Berger" reference number. I do not know what that is. Is it a Berger paint specific number?
  9. C

1959 Rapier paint color

I am assuming the original paint is cellulose lacquer. If I were repainting over the existing original finish, what would be the simplest paint type to spray?
  10. C

1959 Rapier paint color

I also see in 1959 that Pearl Grey and Pippin Red are Rootes colors. I am pretty sure these are my colors. The Pearl Grey is really an off white.
  11. C

1959 Rapier paint color

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/products/sunbeam-rapier-mkiii-pearl-grey-pippin-red-76sr002 1960 Oxford Diecast Pearl Grey/Pippin Red Rapier - 1:76 Scale
  12. C

1959 Rapier paint color

Yes pretty impossible to describe colors with words. I have photos but once again, that only goes so far because your screen and mine and the photos are all going to look different. I would not call the white of my car cream in any sense of the word. It is a very grayed out white. an off white...
  13. C

1959 Rapier paint color

It's time for me to consider my paint options, though I am pretty far away painting I want to consider my approach. I do not have a paint code on my VIN plate. My car is off white and maroon. I am guessing that the Alpine color for that year is Moonstone and perhaps Venetian Red for the maroon...
  14. C

1959 Rapier electrical harness

Opppps! did not see that part of your first post. Thank you for that lucid explanation. Just goes to show. One can learn a new thing every day!
  15. C

That is very interesting. This explains why I see it called a three speed. It is like an optional first gear for certain conditions, I gather. So, like maybe uphill starts?
  16. C

What is the EL in my gear shift pattern. Vehicle is not drivable yet, so I am a little confused.
  17. C

I'm sorry. I did not explain very well what the ignition switch situation was. I have had the ignition switch wired the whole time. It's just that it was wired but hanging down and not positioned in the dashboard. I was busing figuring out what wires went where and testing all the components...
  18. C

No no, The toggle switch is just for the heater vent fan. My ignition switch has been wired up and working. In fact it continued to work to start the engine even though the flashers and wiper motor stopped.
  19. C

It's a good question! I am not getting a temp change on my thermo gauge but I am ignoring that for now.I had most things functioning when the dash was all opened up. Everything was functioning that I have hooked up for the most part. Flashers, ignition, headlights and dimmer, vent fan I hooked...
  20. C

I did use my multi-meter to establish what wires were going where but I did not check voltage or resistances to ground. I am guessing I am shooting for 12v. What would be sub optimal for a resistance to ground?