• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. SierraNev

Alpine Earthing Horn Spring

Good afternoon, I am attempting to get my horn working. Been reading all I can and love the video on Youtube from the Sunbeam Alpine Channel From what I can tell, I am now only missing the Earthing Spring. Any ideas on where to get one or even recreate one. Attached is a picture I stole...
  2. SierraNev

Found on Ebay

This came up on ebay today Same seller in Topeka KS 1964 Alpine ( I think is a GT ) https://www.ebay.com/itm/165258336448?hash=item267a2a18c0:g:jZAAAOSwCN5hzNPr 1965 Tiger https://www.ebay.com/itm/165258304825?hash=item267a299d39:g:uNkAAOSw3MJhzL5I From the pictures of the Tiger, no Manuel...
  3. SierraNev

Alpine Seats - original ?

Good morning, Yesterday I got adventurous and pulled the drive seat out of my Series V. Since purchasing this car in late June, I have seen more and more bits of "stuffing" falling out of the seats. After gently taking them apart, I found the stuffing in the middle stuck to the seat cover and...
  4. SierraNev

Starter problems - Solutions requested

Good afternoon, I have a similar problem with my Series V. Went to start it up on Saturday for a quick tour in 60 degree So Cal weather and she would not start. I had the battery tested and it was fine, less than a year old. When I turn the key I got a click. So I gave the wife a 2 x 4 and a...
  5. SierraNev

Best oil type for a 1966 Series V 1725 with a Weber Conversion

Greetings, I will be attempting a tune up and oil change on my recent purchase this weekend. Odometer shows 5000 + miles, but I am sure this has been turned over. The car runs well, with the occasional stalls at red lights. I have no history on the car before I purchased it. Only the little...
  6. SierraNev

Queen's English car show

The Queen's English All British Car Show 2021 was last Sunday in Van Nuys. We spent a lot of time in the Alpine / Tiger pen looking at the cars. Thanks to all of you that showed up. Really beautiful cars were represented which renewed our inspiration. I have attached a couple of my favorite...
  7. SierraNev

New issues with recent purchase - looking for parts

Greetings, Please forgive me as I am a real newbie. I have had my Sunbeam Alpine for almost a month and I am starting to notice things. I mentioned that I am missing the visors and hardware. I know why. They are super expensive to replace. This weekend I hope to tackle the e brake...
  8. SierraNev

Sun visor and mounts

Good Afternoon, I was driving my new ( old ) toy this past weekend and realized I am missing the sun visors and mounting hard ware for my 1966 Series V. Any ideas where I can find these? or maybe a suitable replacement set? Thank you Emmett Whittier CA aseries2@aol.com
  9. SierraNev

E Brake repair

Hello all, Well on the second weekend of owning my 1966 Alpine, my big butt hit the e brake lever. The brake dropped all the way down and now will not engage at all. Being 90 degrees and sunny here in LA, I chose to drive my new toy rather than spend a couple of hours under it. Anything I...
  10. SierraNev

When a Brit meets a Pole

Hello again, Been without a Sunbeam in my life for over 25 years. Last weekend, got this 1966 Series 5 as an early birthday present. Seems very complete and mostly stock. And the lovely addition of a dent where the previous owner did not put on the parking break and it rolled. Any...