• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Durhamguy

Soft top and rubber weather stripping

The question is which way does it fit. I have some picture. Pic #1. On the contrails, the wider flat side is against the contrails. I think that is correct. Pics #2, 3 and 4. But on the B post up rights, I am not sure. Logic would be to fit the same way .... wider flat side against upright...
  2. Durhamguy

Gas leak crossover pipe connectors

I have just completed my project of pulling the tanks and having them sealed and installing new hoses, clamps and putting a new fuel line in. I had a gas smell from the area you have identified verified by a gas detector. Then I discovered my metal fuel line was rusted inside so I pulled...
  3. Durhamguy

Fuel Line

As an update, I corrected the issue and will post pictures in my gallery. Easier than I thought routing through the frame. Again, many thanks.
  4. Durhamguy

Fuel Line

Thank you both very much, glad I asked. Looks like my fuel line is on the wrong side based on what you are showing. Tomorrow is a snow day anyway so good day to fix it. I understand what I need to do and appreciate the advice guys.
  5. Durhamguy

Fuel Line

I am coming to the tail end of cleaning/sealing my fuel tanks and replacing the fuel line. I ran the new fuel line (nylon and stainless steel amour) along the same pathway as the old line but added some rubber/metal insulated clamps to secure the line better. When I got to the chassis centre...
  6. Durhamguy

Quickjack

Andrew, thank you, the pics are very helpfull. I bought a 7000 earlier this year at a good price but each frame was 98lbs. I returned as it was too heavy. I am going to go for the 3500 in the sprjng as the frames are 60lbs and should fit between the wheels. Just have to cough up the extra...
  7. Durhamguy

Quickjack

Hi, would appreciate seeing the block set up if possible. I am looking at a 3500 but the 5000 is on sale at the moment locally. I need enough room underneath to be able to run a new fuel line and then change my exhaust system. Do you find you have enough room? Thanks for posting this. Regards.
  8. Durhamguy

thread size/type of the cross-pipe outlet to fuel line?

Hi thanks for the reply. How much are you looking for the tanks? Any idea of shipping to postal code L1T 2P1 in Ontario (I am just outside of Toronto). Thanks David
  9. Durhamguy

Thanks Mike I will send a PM to you.
  10. Durhamguy

Hi guys, I wonder if someone is willing to help me out. My problem is Fedhill do not ship to Canada. So I wonder if some would willing to purchase the fuel line fittings for me (or let me buy any spares you have) and send them up to Toronto area. I am more than willing to pay all costs in...
  11. Durhamguy

Exhaust manifold studs/nuts

Thank you. I did send a email to Rick this morning.
  12. Durhamguy

Exhaust manifold studs/nuts

I am looking for 2 exhaust manifold studs/nuts/bolts for a SIV. Would anyone have any spare ones. I am up in Toronto and quite happy to pay shipping. Or would you know where to get them from. Thanks
  13. Durhamguy

Engine stalling

These comments may or may not be of help but my SIV had same problems. Was running twin Stromberg's which were in need of a restoration. I decided to buy Jerome's Weber kit. Still had problems as you describe after installing it. I replaced the ignition points, cap, wires, plugs, condenser...
  14. Durhamguy

AccuSpark Ignition Module

I have received the electronic module and looking how to fit it. I have a ballasted coil and ballast on my SIV. It is also positive ground. Tach but no ammeter. To the folks who responded previously, did you retain the ballast set up when wiring the Accuspark in? I understand the ballasted...
  15. Durhamguy

Thanks for the input guys, appreciated.
  16. Durhamguy

NEWBIE here: About a month ago took home a Cali 67 MkV with 2.8 conversion.

Novice question if I may, not sure what this means? "Alternate leafs, so the assembly will be left, right, left, etc. " Is it alternate the lip of the spring liner between each leaf? Thanks
  17. Durhamguy

Anybody had recent experience with this electronic module to replace the contact points? I found one fellow from 2020 who was positive about it. Wondering if anyone else has used them. Thanks
  18. Durhamguy

Asking price for parts

Thanks Bob, unfortunately the Alpine isn't going as it need its brakes revamped - next on my list.
  19. Durhamguy

Asking price for parts

That is the way it came with the car when I bought it.