• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. wtaylor

Jack handle clip

I finally got a jack handle. The only problem is my car does not have the spring clip to hold it in place. I bought some off Amazon but they're too large. Does anyone have the 1 or 2 that are supposed to be in the trunk to hold it in place? It would also be nice to know exactly where they are...
  2. wtaylor

Alternator replacement recommendations

My alternator is at the shop now to see if it is my charging problem ( my mechanic thinks it is). They are going to test it and if it is see if they can repair it. If it can't I am thinking of installing a 1 wire alternator, so I am looking for recommendations from some of you that have already...
  3. wtaylor

Limited removal tool for 3 eared spinner FYI

Tried it and it does not work with the Sunbeam 3 eared spinner. They are happed to refund me the cost of the tool. Sending it back to them today.
  4. wtaylor

Have a flat this morning.

So I have a flat tire this morning. When I bought the car last year I was told the tires were only a couple of years old. They look new with plenty of tread and some of the little tabs still on them. When I got down to look at the flat I saw lots of cracks in the sidewall and after taking a...
  5. wtaylor

Ignition light stays on.

The ignition light stays on all the time. Everything in the car works and I put a meatier on the battery cables and it reads 13.2v. I don't think this is the original alternator because the wiring has been changed. Any ideas as to why the light stays on all the time?
  6. wtaylor

In the movies

So I just got a call from the casting people for the Dennis Quaid movie The Hill they are filming in Augusta Ga. They want me to have my Alpine on set Monday and Tuesday next week to be in the movie.
  7. wtaylor

What is the trick

I am on my 3rd SV Alpine since 1989. The one thing I have never been able to figure out is how to easily lock the trunk. The lock sets so close to the bumper I can't get the key into it. So what is the trick.
  8. wtaylor

SV Horn

I finally got to look into why the horn on my car that I got back in April does not work. I have the horn ring, but non of the horn parts. So I am hoping someone has the part I need to make my horn work.
  9. wtaylor

Jack Handle

I am looking for a jack handle and the clip to hold it.
  10. wtaylor

Passenger seat

I just picked up my new to me SV this weekend. I cant get the passenger seat to stay locked in place. I have not had a chance to start taking it apart yet, but when you put it in place and push down the handle the seat back will move and sound like gears grinding. Just wondering what I should...