• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. wtaylor

Car Show Display Panel

This is the one I created with Photoshop it is 18x24. Depending on the wind I set it up on an easel.
  2. wtaylor

THE HOLY GRAIL SUNBEAM TIGER!! (Dennis Collins)

I ordered a Jack handle off eBay and when it showed up it was from this buy. Came in a Collons brother's jeep box.
  3. wtaylor

Tire Recommendations 13”

I have had these for over a year and am very happy with them. 185-70-13. Just tried to find them and of course they don't make them anymore
  4. wtaylor

Jack handle clip

I got the clips installed yesterday. Thanks again.
  5. wtaylor

Jack handle clip

I am not coming up until Saturday. I have to work on Friday and it is only a 45-minute drive.
  6. wtaylor

Jack handle clip

I finally got a jack handle. The only problem is my car does not have the spring clip to hold it in place. I bought some off Amazon but they're too large. Does anyone have the 1 or 2 that are supposed to be in the trunk to hold it in place? It would also be nice to know exactly where they are...
  7. wtaylor

Alternator replacement recommendations

The car is back up and running. The old alternator tested good, so it was probably the voltage regulator. I got a rebuilt (by AC Delco) Hitachi alternator from Rock Auto with a 2-year warranty for less than the voltage regulator would have cost. It took all day because a previs owner had deleted...
  8. wtaylor

Alternator replacement recommendations

My alternator is at the shop now to see if it is my charging problem ( my mechanic thinks it is). They are going to test it and if it is see if they can repair it. If it can't I am thinking of installing a 1 wire alternator, so I am looking for recommendations from some of you that have already...
  9. wtaylor

Headlamp assembly problem- questions

I have the LEDs from Holley and love them. I can see at night now...
  10. wtaylor

Limited removal tool for 3 eared spinner FYI

I am going to look at that. Was going to ship it back for a refund. I was only $40 for him to ship it from the UK The best price I can get to send it back is $128. If I send it back I will loose money. I may see of any of my MG or Jag friends can us it or put it on ebay.
  11. wtaylor

Limited removal tool for 3 eared spinner FYI

Tried it and it does not work with the Sunbeam 3 eared spinner. They are happed to refund me the cost of the tool. Sending it back to them today.
  12. wtaylor

Have a flat this morning.

Stopped by all the chain stores this morning no luck on either size and no one would install them on the car if I ordered them due to the knockoffs. Finally made it to the local guy (the chains are between my house and him) he ordered me some 185/70's and spinners are not a problem. Said he did...
  13. wtaylor

I did that yesterday after learning how. Like I said they look new with plenty of tread and some of the little ticks still on them. They have the pre 2000 date code on them, 450. So, either 45 of 2000 or 45 of 90. I'm definitely looking for tires. The problem I am having is finding 165/80/13's...
  14. wtaylor

So I have a flat tire this morning. When I bought the car last year I was told the tires were only a couple of years old. They look new with plenty of tread and some of the little tabs still on them. When I got down to look at the flat I saw lots of cracks in the sidewall and after taking a...
  15. wtaylor

Ignition light stays on.

I might be a minute before I can check this. I had surgery on my back last week so no cowling under the dash for a while. As I mentioned in the other post while I was driving the car today the light went out.
  16. wtaylor

Ignition light stays on.

It looks like they only replaced the brown\purple and brown\green with Black and White. White goes to F on the control box and Black goes to CW2 on the alternator relay. When I drove the car after posing this the light went out. I got on the car hard after coming out of a turn just for fun. The...
  17. wtaylor

Ignition light stays on.

Here is the wiring diagram.
  18. wtaylor

Ignition light stays on.

No it s not. This just started back in November. I just haven't had the time to look into it.
  19. wtaylor

Ignition light stays on.

The ignition light stays on all the time. Everything in the car works and I put a meatier on the battery cables and it reads 13.2v. I don't think this is the original alternator because the wiring has been changed. Any ideas as to why the light stays on all the time?