• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. D

electric fan temp sender location

Hello all, I am installing an electric radiator fan to the SV. My car has the port at the back of the head for the added water passage as on the earlier series, I had it tapped to a standard thread when I had the head done. The question is, the temp sending unit will thread in to this...
  2. D

odd turn signal function

Hi, I am having a new issue, my right front turn indicator is flashing the running ( head lamp side) light instead of the flasher, the left works fine. I have checked the wiring diagram and it is wired correctly, of course I swapped them just to be sure. I have checked the switches and...
  3. D

SV badge and surround support

I am in need of the mounting bracket for the badge surround, mine has broken and in the process ejected the sunbeam badge so I am in need of that as well. SS does not have them, I checked. I could have the bracket welded and the badge is available in the UK but I am hoping for a simpler...
  4. D

Hard top headliner bows

Was organizing the garage a bit an bundled up the line bows fro a late top. Noticed that the ends are color coded, blue, yellow, red and green. Any idea what order they go in ? top resto down the road but would be good to know Thanks Derek
  5. D

Ignition issue

Well the car was running fine and then not so good, I have a miss and sputter going on under throttle, my SV has a 32/36 weber on a pierce manifold and is running Crane XR700 ignition, older Lucas sport coil, new plugs and wires. This is the way the car was set up when I bought it 5 yrs ago...
  6. D

Oil Pressure gauge line

How do you put the Oil Pressure gauge line onto the fitting at the block? Mine is a hard plastic line that needs to be pressed onto a brass barb, I've tried a heat gun but have had no luck, just a mess. Heat it in oil ? Thanks Derek
  7. D

coolant line to head SV

Yes this thread was around a couple of months ago, running the line to the back port in a SV head. At the time I found it interesting but thought maybe if I have nothing else to do. I am now interested in doing it. I don't have nothing else to do as the motor is out of the car and getting new...
  8. D

Pilot bushing

My SV has had it's flywheel pilot bushing replaced with a roller bearing. Any opinions to which is the better way? Derek
  9. D

Engine lifting points

My SV engine has no shackles or any obvious points to attach a hoist. I have one stud from the block at the left front. Going under the motor seems to be asking for it to rotate and cause mayhem. What is my best method of going about this? I'm pulling it because the main bearings are...
  10. D

SV fan blade

Need a fan blade for late series V, found one of the blades cracked 3/4th of the way through.. Derek
  11. D

Cam chain oiler

Should the cam chain oiler pipe be fixed or rotate ? mine is loose and is free to move about. This does not seem right but I have no clue and the WSM does not say, and the drawing looks as though it could go either way... I had been hearing a rattling type of noise and thought it may be from...
  12. D

Starter Dog

I know, I know but I've tried searching with google and still can't find it. What is the true size of the socket needed to remove the crank nut with the starter dog, looks like 1 5/16 but it's a reach to check and I don't have sockets that go that large. Thanks Derek
  13. D

The Club

Gentlemen, Thank you for your commitment to the SAOCA. Having served on charitable boards in the past I understand the hidden commitment that this takes. ( I just don't have it right now) Being a Sunbeam owner since 2007 (and joining the month I purchased the car) I have found this to be among...
  14. D

bell housing stabilizer bars

Having now a set of these to install, I am wondering about the fasteners used to do this. The rear hole in the bar to the sump is countersunk and the front is not. All of the bolts on the sump are just that, bolts. Not hard to deal with either way I approach it but it seems odd and the WSM...
  15. D

stiffeners ?

Did the SV use the two stiffener brackets to the bell housing ? I've done an OD swap on mine and the WSM does not mention them nor does mine have them. Did they attach to the frame ? seems a bit odd with the rubber mounts.. Derek
  16. D

tonneau studs

Where are the tonneau studs located on the dash of a late SV ? Can they be installed with the wind screen in place ? Thanks Derek
  17. D

valve rockers

Blown head gasket on the SV, ouch! Pulled the head and off to the machine shop. Looking at the rockers I find that the shop that did the work on them 2 yrs ago did a so-so job and they are in need of dressing. My question is how much material can be removed from these? do they have...
  18. D

OD solenoid

Is it possble to remove and replace the solenoid without moving the trans? Thanks Derek
  19. D

10 spline prop shaft stuck

Well I finnaly got the OD installed in the SV, now as I try to put the prop shaft in it only slides onto the output shaft about 1" then just stops. The splines look good the seal is new...any thought will be appreciated. Thanks Derek:confused:
  20. D

Bell housing dia

Can someone give me the diameter of a SV bell housing? I'm getting ready to do my OD swap and want to make sure I can get the car up high enough. I've decided not to pull the engine for fear of "well as long as it's out..." Also I belive that my engine and trans rubber mounts are so tired...