• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Steeman01

Thinking of selling....

Hey Everyone... So I have come to a cross roads with Sunny.... my SV Alpine. It is a 1966. I bought for a couple of reasons, 1) pandemic project, 2) Get this cool little car on the road again (had sat since the '70's). So it needed a lot of love. Below is a list of the major items I can recall...
  2. Steeman01

TDC Question

Hey everyone, So I am confused as to where my indicator is showing TDC to be in reference to the markings on the crankshaft pulley. According to the Rootes workshop manual I have, the largest and first marking is TDC (see photo attached). However, I got the car running fairly well but was...
  3. Steeman01

Getting Fuel Compression Adaptor Fitting Back on Fuel Line

How does one get the compression adaptor (fitting) back on the fuel line? It is such a tight tolerance, I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to "slip" it back on (see picture)?? TIA
  4. Steeman01

SV Exhaust Parts (all or some)

Hey everyone! So I had to pull my tranny (first time ever being pulled) and the stock exhaust was seized and rusted, so it all (minus the exhaust manifold), had to be cut out and it is not salvageable. This is all to say I am in the market for stock SV exhaust replacement parts (SS and Classic...
  5. Steeman01

When reinstalling the gearbox....

Quick question, when reinstalling the gearbox, is it best to install all bolts around the bell housing then left the prop/tail end and do the tranny mount(s) or to get the tranny mounted (via the mounts) and then do the bolts? Or is a moot point and it doesn't matter the order? Sorry, I couldn't...
  6. Steeman01

Exhaust Manifold Studs

Does anyone know what the stud size and thread pitch is on the exhaust manifold side of the stud from the exhaust manifold to y Pipe is? Thanks! SP
  7. Steeman01

How to remove inlet fuel line from fuel pump?!?

Hey everybody, how in the world do you remove the fuel line on the inlet side of the fuel pump? It's a flex hose and as I try to loosen it it wants to spin itself back in since the line is connected to the nut and causes it to bind up?? Help!!
  8. Steeman01

SIV Intake Studs

Hey everyone, are the studs that are on the SIV intake a simple threaded stud (i.e. removable)? They look like it, but before I try to remove them, I wanted to ask. I bought a 14 mm spacer, but the studs are too short. Before I have to go and get a 7 mm spacer, I would much prefer to put...
  9. Steeman01

Weber Carb from Classic Car Performance

Hey all, So Sunbeam Specialties and Classic Sunbeam are both out of stock for the Weber carbs... Has anyone used the Weber set up from Classic Car Performance (link below)? Seems to come with everything but the throttle linkage. Hadn't heard of them, so I was curious. Thoughts or experiences...
  10. Steeman01

Carb Piston Won't Fully Drop

Hey there, First and foremost, I was able to finally take my "newly" purchased SV this past week for the first time since I bought it last September! What a blast! That being said, I am still working on setting the idle and one issue I am having is that the carb closest to the firewall (I...
  11. Steeman01

Stromberg?

Hi everyone! I've had my Sunbeam since September and I rebuilt my carburetors last fall and one of them had some pretty messed up threading and it's work until now. Now the bottom of the carb leaks where the threading is for the main jet that was mangled. I need to either get a bottom section of...
  12. Steeman01

Front Hub Grease Seal Installation

I'm in the process of rebuilding my front brakes and hubs and I greased the bearings and I was about to install the grease seal on the back. I see that the manual says to "press" it in place, would it suffice if I used a soft block of wood and a mallet to slowly work it in? Thoughts or...
  13. Steeman01

Brake plate?!?

Hey everyone, Question, and maybe it's been talked about, but I can't seem to find what to call this pieces in order to properly search it!! I am redoing my whole brake system and now I am rebuilding my calipers. In the haste of of taking the calipers apart, I didn't note which directions...
  14. Steeman01

How much brake fluid?!?

Hi everyone! I finished rebuilding my brakes and installing a replacement master cylinder. The system was completely dry when I started from the previous owner. I've used more than a half of a 32 oz container of brake fluid (maybe close to 3/4) and still not seeing any at the front left bleeder...
  15. Steeman01

Brake Pedal

Hey Everyone. So I bought my SV project with the brake pedal and master cylinder removed from the car . Does anyone have a good diagram of the pedal installation? I see that there are threads in the top hole of the pedal bracket that also would be the same bolt for the master cylinder to attach...
  16. Steeman01

VB Clutch M/C & S/C Fitting Style

Hey there, My '66 Alpine came with new in-the-box VB Clutch M/C and Slave Cylinder. I have learned that the stock 7/16" fittings (and lines) don't work, the VB set up uses 3/16" fittings and lines. That being said, I assumed (that might be the problem), that these fittings on the VB...
  17. Steeman01

Weber swap, what is needed?

Hey All, I am in the process of collecting the needed manifold and weber card to remove the SU's. That being said, out side of those 2 parts (manifold and carb), what else am I going to need? Brackets, throttle linkage, etc? Any input (or links) is hugely appreciated. Thanks!
  18. Steeman01

Wanted - Weber 32/36 carb w/ a Manifold

Title says it all! Looking for a nicely used Weber 32/36 carb w/ a Series V Manifold. I have the stock set up and it's a headache. Hoping to save some money over buying new. Let me know!
  19. Steeman01

Smoke!!

Has anyone put a new ballast resistor in? I guess that question's kind of rhetorical, for those who have had to put a new ballast resistor in, has it smoked on you when you first turn the ignition? If so how much smoke was there? I'm reading online that that's pretty common due to it burning off...
  20. Steeman01

Ignition Switch

Hey everyone, I have determined via voltmeter that my ignition switch is dead. So I'm on the hunt for a replacement. I've searched through the threads and I see some conversation about new ignition switches and I see that SS has ignition switches in the past but that they did not have a flat...