• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

Series V Cologne conversion

See diagram
  2. P

Sorry for how dirty she is...she is away for the winter.
  3. P

I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it.
  4. P

I trimmed the circumference of the flexible blue filter.
  5. P

My trusty Dremel
  6. P

I used an Edelbrock 43661 and cut it down by 1 inch. Blue matches my car. Bought from Amazon.
  7. P

5 Speed Transmission

I have an Alpine with a 2.8L Cologne engine with 4 speed. Is there a specific 5 speed Ford tranny that I have to use? Or will all Ford 5-speeds fit with no issues? Thanks in advance Posi
  8. P

Instrument Woes

You know, our Sunbeam website is a fantastic help. I learned much about the voltage stabilizer, especially how to test it. The article the fellows did on the stabilizer was very helpful. A wealth of knowledge available, all you have to do is ask. THANK YOU all members Cheers Posi
  9. P

Instrument Woes

Went back under the dash tonight. There was a loose power wire to the voltage stabilizer. Secured it and everything started working again. Sorry for the messages but thanks for the help. Posi
  10. P

Instrument Woes

No the gauges do not come on when the flasher is off. They stay off. Is there a way to test the voltage stabilizer?? Thanks in advance Posi
  11. P

Instrument Woes

Sounds legitimate to me. I have a feeling to wire gauges and flasher completely separate. Series IV with 2.8L Ford V6.
  12. P

Instrument Woes

So went for a drive, when I put my flashers on, the gas gauge and water temp gauge both went to zero. After this, flashers did not work, nor gauges. Was told it probably was the instrument voltage stabilizer, bought a new one, installed it, ran a fresh wire to a new fuse box for the stabilizer...
  13. P

Seat Foam

Thanks for the replies. Yes AE/TE have a good post of upholstering the seats. Cheers
  14. P

Seat Foam

Alpine Series IV - Does anyone have instructions or detailed pictures of how the foam in the lower seat is supposed to be installed. I have a new bottom seat foam cushion but I took out a lot more foam(was done bush league) than is here now. Is there supposed to be an insert foam in the middle...
  15. P

Radiator

I have had my current rad (4 row) flushed and cleaned last year. They said she was good. Still heats up more than I would like. Great on highway but minute I get in stop and go traffic she heats up, doesn't boil over but temp is up there.
  16. P

Radiator

Does anyone know what American auto radiator could be used in a Sunbeam Alpine Series IV? Thanks in advance
  17. P

Flashers - Gauges

Thanks for the replies. Cheers Posi
  18. P

Flashers - Gauges

All wires were connected correctly Jiggled wires under dash................................everything started working................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
  19. P

Flashers - Gauges

To explain "previously": I have a 2.8l V6 that was overheating. Installed 2 7" electric fans through a new fuse box that had continuous power. Everything worked fine. Then decided I wanted the fuse box to get power only when ignition switch was on. Hooked up power source from "original" fuse box...