• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. BEpine

Hardtop color?

I chose to have my S3 in a 2 tone color instead of all 1 color. Here is my matching ice chest with my car colors
  2. BEpine

Hardtop color?

I painted mine black.
  3. BEpine

Whitworth Screws

My screws were rusted in and snapped off on both seat frames. I drilled out all 3 holes out with a 1/4 drill and used these screws from McMaster-Carr, Black-Oxide Alloy Steel Hex Drive Flat Head Screw, 1/4"-28 Thread Size, 2-3/4" Long Part #91253A-323, and used nylon lock nuts. Worked perfect.
  4. BEpine

1965 late Series IV Oddities with Windshield Frame and Body

My series 3 alpine windshield frame has 7 studs but they are 1/4-28 threads, not 5/16-24 like most frames have. I had to modify my adjusting nuts to be a 1/4-28 thread.
  5. BEpine

PCV and idle issues

Here is the one I'm using. It;s one that I found on the forum other members are using.
  6. BEpine

Interior Rear View Mirror Alternatives

Sunbeam Supreme in the UK sells the SV mirrors.
  7. BEpine

Fuel pump repair kit

When I replaced mine, I used a die grinder with a 1/8 bit and carefully ground the area that was staked over the valve. After installing the new valve used a center punch to stake in the new valve. Bob
  8. BEpine

wiper system shorts in high speed mode

To test the wiper motor, (these are the wires from the wiper motor) The ground wire goes to negative 12 volts. Green goes to positive 12 volts. Red/green and ground wire together gives high speed. Red/green and brown/green and ground wire together gives low speed.
  9. BEpine

Wanted : Pr. convertible bow latches in very good condition

I bought a pair but have not installed yet. They look just like the original clamps
  10. BEpine

Wanted : Pr. convertible bow latches in very good condition

You can buy those brand new from our New York supplier
  11. BEpine

Need some driveshaft help

Had the same issue with my driveshaft going into my overdrive transmission I got from Jeff Howarth. There was a burr on the output shaft splines. removed the tailshaft housing and filed the splines until it slid on freely.
  12. BEpine

Lightweight Flywheels, NOT just for Race cars anymore.

This is what my brother and I did to our flywheels, I had mine balanced afterwards with the clutch pressure plate bolted on. Took off about 3 lbs.
  13. BEpine

Backup lights

I bought this from Moss Motors Will mount under rear bumper https://mossmotors.com/162-842-reverse-lamp-clear
  14. BEpine

Progress

Black is the hardtop, also converted to a S-V gas cap and will have wood dash with glove box door
  15. BEpine

Progress

Yes S-3, but will be installing a soft top, 1725 with OD trans, S-V front suspension, and some other custom changes
  16. BEpine

Progress

Been 2 years but the body work is just about done, Just some fine tuning on the bonnet, boot and doors and its ready for paint.
  17. BEpine

Exhaust manifold

My S3 GT had this single down pipe manifold and twin Zenith carbs. The 1725 engine that is going back in has the 4-2-1 exhaust and 32/36 Weber
  18. BEpine

Spheerol semi liquid bearing grease in steering box

Here is what I used from Tractor Supply https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/super-s-cotton-picker-spindle-grease-00
  19. BEpine

Aluminum Oil Pan… Baffle?

My baffle was rusty with some holes so I reinforced it with 2 steel plates. I sandwiched the 2 plates using 10-32 SS screws and nuts then welded the screws to the nuts so they would never come loose. You will also need to drill 2 new holes in the bottom of your bell housing to line up with the...
  20. BEpine

wiring harness

I bought the Rebel harness from Steve, (Sunalp), and it is of great quality. Fuses and relays for everything, and install instructions. Priced less than the British Wiring, harness too. You will need to put on your own bullet and spade connectors and follow a wiring diagram.