• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. jmahall

62' Alpine For Sale

Car is in Cotati, CA. Just north of San Francisco. I have 26K invested. Didn't build it to make money, long time hobby. Make me a reasonable offer.
  2. jmahall

62' Alpine For Sale

Three year restoration complete. 1 1/2" stack of receipts. 200 miles on fresh engine built with a NEW 1725 short block from Sunbeam Specialties. email jack@mahalls.com for complete list of repairs and new items. See: Sunbeam Alpine Restoration - YouTube
  3. jmahall

Gas Cap

Hi Jeff, Here's the pic. The S1-2's are slightly smaller than the 3-5.
  4. jmahall

Gas Cap

HELP!! Project is now 99.99% finished. Need an S1-2 gas cap and one decent hub cap. Thanks Aftermarket gas cap info????
  5. jmahall

S3 & SV parts

Needing one or two hub caps to finish resto
  6. jmahall

Hub Caps / trim rings

Looking at Hubcap Mike. need to confirm the 1 3/4" depth is OK. There's some others too. Plastic and metal. Thanks
  7. jmahall

Hub Caps / trim rings

great, what's your email address for pay pal?
  8. jmahall

Hub Caps / trim rings

Thanks Kevin Send it off, let me know what the shipping is. Do you use PayPal? John Mahall 750 W School Street, Cotati, CA 94931
  9. jmahall

Brake Rotors

Brake issue finally solved. Wasn't the brakes after all. The car just couldn't take the alloy wheels on the back. Still a mystery. As soon as I put a set of the stock steel rims on it the problem went away. Now I need one trim ring and 2-3 hub caps to finish the project. Anyone out there have...
  10. jmahall

Hub Caps / trim rings

In need of one trim ring and two, preferably three hub caps. Series two if it makes a difference. Attached pic is what I have now. Thanks
  11. jmahall

wheel trim rings

Hello, if you still have the very good hub cap I'd like to claim it. I understand the rings are gone. Need one of those too. Here's a pic of what I have now as to style. Thanks
  12. jmahall

Brake Rotors

Did a wheels off the ground run with video on both sides. Rears ran true and smooth under breaking.
  13. jmahall

Brake Rotors

Had two different sets of pads installed, no difference. It's been doing this since the git go. Before the disks were turned and after.
  14. jmahall

Brake Rotors

I know what you're talking about, but these have been freshly turned less than 30 miles ago.
  15. jmahall

Brake Rotors

The picture is just lens distortion, as to the rest, all is AOK. I did check if both halves of the calipers are operating, and they are. The mystery persists.
  16. jmahall

Brake Rotors

I rebuilt these with new pistons and seals. Will try tomorrow to see if I messed one up.
  17. jmahall

Brake Rotors

Yes, it is. If the thickness wasn't equal it would show up on the runout data. I don't have access to a lathe big enough to do that. They were just turned at my local tire shop and I have no reason to distrust them. Another thought, as the caliper is supplied with pressure from both sides...
  18. jmahall

Brake Rotors

I agree with symptoms but not with data. .005 runout on left / .45" thickness, .003 on right / .425" thickness.
  19. jmahall

Brake Rotors

Thanks for the reply, Dan. I'm trying to work out an issue with a pulsating pedal. At low speed I can feel the brake releasing and engaging. Under heavy braking it shakes like the dickens. Symptoms of warped disks. New master, rebuilt with new pucks, calipers, freshly turned rotors, .005...
  20. jmahall

Lot of parts

Looking for a set of front rotors for my S2.