• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. tony perrett

Classic car meet UK.

Close to where I live we have a monthly Classic Car and Bike Meet through the summer. Last week, vehicles were filmed leaving the Show and this may be of interest to you guys across the pond. Go to YouTube and enter Earls Barton Classic Car Meeting 6 July 2022 in the search box. My 1964 GT can...
  2. tony perrett

First Tiger.

I have just been to a very large Classic Car Show here in UK - one Dealer had for sale the very first pre-production Tiger priced at 145,000 GBP.
  3. tony perrett

Paradise fires.

Here in UK we are getting heavy TV coverage of the devastation being caused. Absolutely heartbreaking.
  4. tony perrett

Wire wheel octagonal locking rings.

Has anyone made a successful wrench for the octagonal nuts from marine ply or similar? I was thinking of making one to prevent damage when I have them re-chromed. They are available in UK for the "eared" type.
  5. tony perrett

President Obama.

President Obama has caused a great deal of anger and resentment after warning that if Britain votes to leave the European Union there will be, as well as other dire consequences, a risk regarding the securing of future Trade Deals between our Countries. Luckily he stopped short of suggesting...
  6. tony perrett

Family Guy.

I have just watched a very funny episode of your "Family Guy" in which Peter Griffin's Pub is under new English management. The writers obviously think that we all have bad teeth and speak like either Prince Charles or Dick van Dyke in Marry Poppins. Gorblimey mite, it ain't 'arf a larf.
  7. tony perrett

Core plugs.

I found a leaking core plug on the manifold side of my Series 4 so I thought it would be worthwhile replacing them all (not the one in the back of the block as the engine is in the car). The Parts Manual lists 5 plugs of 1 1/4" diameter but I can only see 4. There was a quantity of casting sand...
  8. tony perrett

Starter solenoid.

The Parts Book lists different solenoids for the manual transmission and automatic cars. What is the reason for this and is the type crucial?
  9. tony perrett

Rapier sold in UK.

A Series 2 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible sold here in UK a few days ago for £15,540 ($24,664 US), nearly double the top Auction estimate. Things are looking up.
  10. tony perrett

Ww1.

"The lamps are going out all over Europe, we shall not see them lit again in our life-time". British Foreign Secretary, Sir Edward Grey 3 August 1914.
  11. tony perrett

4th of July.

Do any of you guys think that the US would have been better off staying in the United Kingdom?
  12. tony perrett

ebay prices.

Not Alpine related but for those who think that our spares are expensive, check ebay item 380912690283.
  13. tony perrett

A broken link with the past.

Not an Alpine matter but one that may be of interest. I have today heard of the death of an American cousin by marriage, Bob Farley. Bob served in the US Army in England during WW2 and he met and married one of my cousins. Sadly, she died in the early 1950's and Bob returned to US to Hamilton...
  14. tony perrett

November 1st.

Nick O'Dell, where's our laugh of the month?
  15. tony perrett

Donations.

I have unintentionally allowed my donation to lapse. Would it be possible for the software to be configured so as to send a reminder to Members when their contribution is about to expire? This may have the added benefit of increased revenue to the SAOCA.
  16. tony perrett

Happy Birthday.

Nick Odell - Happy Birthday.
  17. tony perrett

2013 Calendar.

When will the 2013 Calendar be available?
  18. tony perrett

UK Airshow.

I have just returned from a local Airshow which is held at Sywell every 2 years. The flying displays were, as usual, superb with US being well represented. There were 2 Mustangs (which sounded to be Merlin-powered), a Catalina, a C-47 Dakota and the only airworthy B-17 in UK, Sally B. On the...
  19. tony perrett

Help required, please.

And now for something completely different. One of my interests is collecting early tools and today I had a real find. It is a post hole auger made by The Specialty Device Co Cincinnati and is their Standard Auger. There is a Patent number DEC 131910 on one of the castings. Is this an actual...
  20. tony perrett

Alpine on BBC TV.

There is a show on BBC here in UK called "Antiques Road Trip" in which a couple of dealers travel around Britain visiting a number of shops buying antiques which they then hope to sell at a profit for charity. Each week they drive a different classic car: two weeks ago it was a convertible...