• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. JSLoeffl

Series V Soft Top Vinyl Choices

Trying to keep my 67 Alpine Series V as close to original as possible. Hard choice between SoftTop vinyl choice, Crushgrain or Pinpoint?? I think Pinpoint was original, but which one looks better or is easier to care for. Or is it worth paying the extra and getting the Stayfast cloth?? Joey
  2. JSLoeffl

Series V Seat Diaphragm Hooks

Anyone know why the seat diaphragm hooks supplied by Martha Christiansen are about 3/8" longer than my originals? I believe they are the same diaphragms and hooks supplied by Rick & Curt, but I had Martha doing custom seat covers so I had her send them with. Hook on left is original, hook on...
  3. JSLoeffl

Wanted Seat Back Frame

Looking for a seat back frame for a Series V. Series III thru V have the same seat back frame. One of mine is bent and twisted. Looking for a replacement before I try to straighten it out. In process of reupholstering seats. Post updated to correct series usage.
  4. JSLoeffl

Firewall Hole Schematic Series V

Does anyone have a schematic of what originally goes through which hole in the firewall of a LH drive? Of main interest is which hole is used for the oil gauge feed line, the speedometer cable, and the choke cable?
  5. JSLoeffl

License plate holder - USA plates

For those who may need a plate holder, not OEM style. Here's what I made up for mine. If you want the sketch, PM me and I will e-mail a pdf file you can print out. Edited 9/5/2022 to show final version after paint. Note the top edge was bent back to overlap the valance. Joey
  6. JSLoeffl

Paint color/type in engine bay/suspension

Does anyone have a listing of the type of paint used in the engine bay and front suspension for a Series V? I am wondering what type of Black paint to use on the following components (Gloss?Semi-Gloss?Satin?Flat?) Steering column, Steering center cross tube, Steering relay lever bracket, Horns...
  7. JSLoeffl

1725cc Big End Bearing Supplier?

Does anyone know where the tri-metal rod bearings specified can be purchased? Any place I've looked or asked appear to only supply bi-metal ones. I've even had one vendor tell me the 1725 has never had tri-metal bearings. So what's the scoop? 1725cc engine - WSM145 Sec B Page 26 states the...
  8. JSLoeffl

Series V Clutch Disc Questions

Can anyone explain the why of these clutch discs being so different from each other? Number 2 has got me baffled on what the $#%&, why is it so different. Number 1. Original Borg&Beck OEM disc removed from vehicle in 1983. 4 Single heavy weight springs, slightly rough to the touch greyish black...
  9. JSLoeffl

Series V Clutch Cover

Has anyone been able to locate a source for a Series V Clutch Cover (pressure plate assembly). Joey
  10. JSLoeffl

Windshield Supplier

Does anyone know a source for new Series V windshields? Appears Pilkington no longer has a classic car department selling windshields. Must be a dealer or distributor to even get any information from them now?? Joey
  11. JSLoeffl

Transmission Rebuild

Does anyone know who and where I can get a 1967 Series V all-synchro transmission rebuilt? I believe it may need some new synchronizers etc. Need to shift from 1st to 2nd very slowly and methodically so it doesn't grind! I'm a little mechanically inclined, but do not wish to take on this type of...
  12. JSLoeffl

Cubby Surround

Does anyone have a picture of the cubby surround (backside) showing the mounting studs and location. I have a surround missing the pegs and would like to know what they look like and where there they are located. I will probably epoxy some long studs into the locations and use nuts on the...
  13. JSLoeffl

Series V Standard Dash Panel Finish

I have 1967 Series V with the plastic/bakelite? dash panel. The PO put wood grained self adhesive vinyl on it. I need to know what the original dash panel had on it. Pictures I have seen appear to have a black vinyl material similar to upholstery? Does anyone know what was original? If so was it...