• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. JSLoeffl

Hydrodipping Dashboard

I take it she doesn't know you're using the bath for car parts!! I had my engine in my tub once, but that was in the 80's before I was married. It looks like that combination is going to look very pretty.
  2. JSLoeffl

Body Panels - who makes the best anymore?

Curt at Classic Sunbeam in NY shows some sheet metal panels in his catalog.
  3. JSLoeffl

Hydrodipping Dashboard

Looks great! You did a good job for a novice. Had my done with a Burlwood Print a couple years ago by a guy in Fargo, ND. Clear coated with a satin finish so it doesn't shine or reflect so bad. Original Series V on left with bakelit dash covered with original vinyl.
  4. JSLoeffl

Removing rear spring bush in chassis

Tim, That picture is worth a thousand!! Looks like one hell of a nice bottom-up restoration going on or past tense went on. 39 Carnival Red My 67 was originally Carnival Red, but when I did a restoration in 1981 it had almost faded to more of an Orange than Red. I had it changed to 122 Signal...
  5. JSLoeffl

Removing rear spring bush in chassis

Agree with Tim R mostly, My car is built up mostly except new exterior paint job. It is not as bad as you think. I did mine when I changed all the other bushings etc on the rear suspension. Why leave 50+ years old rubber in 2 spots just cuz it may appear difficult. I changed mine by drilling out...
  6. JSLoeffl

Repair Bakelite Glove Box Surround

Krylon Fusion - Satin Black spray paint works well if you refinish it. Works well and close match to original. I have used it on my cubby surround, steering wheel, and steering column cover.
  7. JSLoeffl

SV Clutch Cover - New, rebuilt or rebuildable

Jay, I got a new old stock one from Rootes Parts Service in Holland August 2022. Price was 195.00 + 50.00 outright surcharge for not sending in a core + 58.74 shipping = 303.74 Euros Total. At the time the euro was close to US so it cost me $307.57 US Total (including Wise transfer fees) More to...
  8. JSLoeffl

Series V Clutch Cover

Jay, I got a new old stock one from Rootes Parts Service in Holland August 2022. Price was 195.00 + 50.00 outright surcharge for not sending in a core + 58.74 shipping = 303.74 Euros Total. At the time the euro was close to US so it cost me $307.57 US Total (including Wise transfer fees) More to...
  9. JSLoeffl

Speedometer gear

Parts Manual 6600992 Jan 68 5th Issue Page GA5 Remarks state: Non-overdrive models Check type when ordering. item A109 Speedometer Driving Pinion (13 teeth) Non-overdrive Part # 1207586 item A109 Speedometer Driving Pinion (14 teeth) Non overdrive Part # 1207587 Rick at Sunbeam Specialties...
  10. JSLoeffl

Series V Seat Diaphragm Hooks

Anyone know why the seat diaphragm hooks supplied by Martha Christiansen are about 3/8" longer than my originals? I believe they are the same diaphragms and hooks supplied by Rick & Curt, but I had Martha doing custom seat covers so I had her send them with. Hook on left is original, hook on...
  11. JSLoeffl

Wanted Seat Back Frame

PM sent to you. Thanks
  12. JSLoeffl

Fixed back seat frames (FREE)

Thanks for the info alpine_64. Sorry belmateo appears we can't dance on this one.
  13. JSLoeffl

Wanted Seat Back Frame

David Thanks for the reply. I only need one backrest. My bottoms and Pass side backrest are in good shape. I don't think you would want to breakup the set nor would I expect you too. I am working with volvoguys to see what he can help with. Will keep you posted if if that doesn't work out. Joey
  14. JSLoeffl

Wanted Seat Back Frame

Looking for a seat back frame for a Series V. Series III thru V have the same seat back frame. One of mine is bent and twisted. Looking for a replacement before I try to straighten it out. In process of reupholstering seats. Post updated to correct series usage.
  15. JSLoeffl

SIV GT Alpine

You still have the seat frames? I am looking for one seat back frame that is not bent up for my S5.
  16. JSLoeffl

Fixed back seat frames (FREE)

Is the seat back frame the same frame as the ones that recline? I am looking for one Alpine V seat back frame to replace one I have on my driver's side seat that is bent and twisted out of shape. I am in the process of putting on new upholstery and cushions.
  17. JSLoeffl

Finishing Bakelite?

I scuffed mine with fine sandpaper and painted it with Krylon Fusion "Satin Black". Also did the steering wheel hub and surround with Krylon Fusion "Satin Black". Paint stuck good and looks real close to original finish. Joey
  18. JSLoeffl

License plate holder - USA plates

Yes it would be easier, but the design intent was to keep sufficient material above the mounting holes so there was enough strength/rigidity to prevent breakage while fluttering in the wind. The 90° break I added actually now makes it more rigid.
  19. JSLoeffl

Firewall Hole Schematic Series V

Does anyone have a schematic of what originally goes through which hole in the firewall of a LH drive? Of main interest is which hole is used for the oil gauge feed line, the speedometer cable, and the choke cable?
  20. JSLoeffl

License plate holder - USA plates

Thanks ND has a Pioneer Plate and a Collector Plate available for a small one time fee (no yearly renewals). The Collector Plate has limited use though, you must be driving to a show or driving to have it serviced Ha Ha. The Pioneer Plate for elderly vehicles has no limits. Before I paint it, I...