• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Pete S.

Rebuilt Tiger Radiator

Tiger radiator, rebuilt, re-cored and tested by Hovis Radiator Company Charlotte NC for project car that never happened. Shipped in a Brassworks radiator shipping box. $400 + actual shipping costs.
  2. Pete S.

Alaska Highway Sighting

So, a close friend of mine is taking on a journey from Central Florida to the Arctic Circle in Alaska - via a VW Bus. He spotted this on the Alaskan Highway, the lead car of several like cars. Can any of you sharp eyed members identify it?
  3. Pete S.

British Invasion Stowe, VT 2022

I was wondered if anyone has been to the Stowe British Invasion, and your impression of it. I live in Florida and have wanted to go, so I want to be sure it's worth the trip.
  4. Pete S.

Sunbeam Alpine S.2/S.3 for Sale in Central Florida

I have no association with the seller, https://www.marramotorcars.com/inventory/?vehicle_year=1963 ps
  5. Pete S.

Steel Wheel ID?

These came off a local Alpine, they don't look like anything Sunbeam to me but can someone identify them?
  6. Pete S.

Moto-Lita Hub Pulling

Anyone have any suggestions for pulling a Moto-lita hub on a Tiger 1? There are no holes for a hub puller.
  7. Pete S.

SU Fuel Pump Bolt Thread

Does anyone know what the thread type/size is for this hole in the SU Pump (AUI 301)? Thanks
  8. Pete S.

Sunbeam Specialties Interior Kit - Unidentified Pieces

Hello all. I ordered an interior kit from SS, and I found these pieces which I can't identify. There are 5 of the large piece and 2 of the small. I suspect that they may be intended for the seats?
  9. Pete S.

Girling Booster Vacuum Hose

Good morning all, Has anyone seen this hose, supplied by Stage 1 Motorsport in person? https://stage1.org.uk/product/1963-65-a-frame-lotus-cortina-girling-yellow-line-servo-vacume-hose/ I'm wondering how close it is to original. Thx.
  10. Pete S.

Smiths Instrument Voltage Stabilzer?

Does anyone have a junk, non-working Smiths instrument voltage stabilizer that they can give away?
  11. Pete S.

Period Koni Shocks

Anyone undertake a home garage rebuild of period Koni shocks used on a Tiger? Doesn't seem any of the people Koni suggests are interested enough to respond to my emails.
  12. Pete S.

Tiger Remote Oil Hose - Original Color of Part

Anyone have an idea what the original finish on the Tiger oil filter nut was? Circled in this photo from a Sports Car Graphic road test, it almost looks like blued steel. Thanks ps
  13. Pete S.

Alpine Engine Block ID

Can anyone help me positively identify this Alpine engine block? There is no serial number in the expected place. Thanks in advance.
  14. Pete S.

Looking for Softtop Door Panel Pins

Anyone have 4 red plastic pins of the type that hold the interior trim panels on the three softtop doors on a S-IV Alpine? Thanks in advance for looking.
  15. Pete S.

Lucas Spare Bulb Holder

Can anyone tell me anything about this Lucas spare bulb holder? Especially what the original color of the outside is supposed to be?
  16. Pete S.

Oil Pressure Pipe Retainer

Does anyone know if the clips holding the oil pressure pipe from the Tiger engine to the gauge have a Rootes or Ford part number? If so, do you know the part number? I could not find it in the parts book.
  17. Pete S.

Tonneau Covers

What has been the groups experience with Robbins tonneau covers? Specifically for Mk.1/Mk.IV Tigers/Alpines? I've heard various comments, but no one seems completely satisfied with them. Thx ps
  18. Pete S.

What Is It?

Saw this on the road today in St.Pete, Fl. Can anyone identify it?
  19. Pete S.

New to Forum - Derelict Alpines in Land O' Lakes, FL

I'm new to the forum, in the Tiger side but on a recent trip to Land O' Lakes I found a run down British car place called "Sparrow Automotive". The place looked abandoned, and a weathered sign dated a year ago on the door said they are moving. In the yard in the back I spotted these two...
  20. Pete S.

Harrington Sighting - Many Decades Ago

Hello, I just joined the club on the Tiger side, being a long time owner. But today I have a Harrington related question. A very long time ago, in the 1979/1982 time frame there was a 1962 Harrington running around St.Petersburg, Fl. I last saw it sometimes in 1982 and then it vanished from...