• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. D

Motor mounts

Hello everyone, I have been working on my SSII 1962 well it was converted a long time ago and my rubber bushings in the motor mounts are completely collapsed and the headers are pinching and rubbing the steering gear box to the point of prying it loose it damaged the drivers side tie rod ends...
  2. D

steering gear box unit "F" type

F Unit thanks guys I am going to do as told by the think tank, and in my personal experiance I have never seen any thing like the guy at that place said and any how he did get me for $45:00 dollars but will never going back to that place and if any one asks about it will tell it like it is rip...
  3. D

Steering box Thanks for the reply, well no accident, just needed new tires after a few day I noticed that it was the drivers side tire that was like pitched out and it was dragging, so I got the car up on towers and found a tie rod end damaged so it was so difficult to get off that I lost my...
  4. D

Steering box Thanks for the reply, well no accident, just needed new tires after a few day I noticed that it was the drivers side tire that was like pitched out and it was dragging, so I got the car up on towers and found a tie rod end damaged so it was so difficult to get off that I lost my...
  5. D

Hello every one, my problem started when I replaced the tie rods on the drivers side any how all things came to a problem that i can not fix so i took the sunbeam alpine SSII to get it alignined but the guy that so call did this, said that my gear box was wacked out of center so, I am asking if...
  6. D

Carb Issues 2.8 V6

carb issues some thing like that happen to my car a few months back, but the carb had been rebuild and tested. so my engine would stop running when coming to a stop light or slowing down so, I later my ignition moudle gave away and put new one on since then no more carb problems I think you...
  7. D

Darksiders United - West Coast and beyond

Darksiders meet I have been waiting to meet all the south california sunbeam members that may be able to show up. so I would like to say, awsome! see you all on the 04/27/2014
  8. D

Dyno Shop In South Calif

HELLO DEAR MEMBERS. Has any one done a dyno test in south calif for the alpine V6? if so where one can find a shop that can do so?
  9. D

Soutnern California Driving Event

South California I love the Idea Hope to see all of you!:cool:
  10. D

finally on the dark side

do you have part list u Will please you give the info how to order this kit & how to contact this company or indivitual? Thank you! It looks awsome! Nice work! :cool:
  11. D

Ignition Help!!!

some thing I did the new wire set up with pain less 21 fuse at the end when I tried to fire up the car it would not so I tried every thing I knew but sad to say one of my hose to the carbutertor was disconeted and did try to get fired up after every thing was fine goox luck!
  12. D

8" ford rear end

thank you! Hi kelly & jose for the info. I was reading all the instructions but when the tools needed and to press the new bearings it made me think that I do not have the time to deal with all the possible problems. So thank you for the support and info. Kelly Hope to see you're ride some time...
  13. D

8" ford rear end

Hello all members: Just got 411 gear & pinion with a master kit bearing & seal. Question Can some one do the work with the instructions from the company that Sold you the gears? If not any one has a south cal shop in mind to deal With the work to be done?
  14. D

Series 1 or 2 Hardtop Available

top How is it does it need body work? What is it you're asking for it?
  15. D

Recommended total advance for 2.8?

normal idle for a 2.8 with all the works The like is I had the engine blue print and all piston balanced with the fly weel the intake port and polished heads same and bigger valves with the springs replaced to the new valves offnhouser intake 290 Holly the cam is Jose specs. The question is it...
  16. D

Ford 8" Rear End

Hello Members My Question is there information in the past Threds about changing 3.55 ring gear to 4.11? I think maybe there is other information that you can point to me like what is the best way to do the job with out messing up?:o
  17. D

Another new V6 install

Southern Cal meet I think on a weekend would be great idea for the members that have their cars running or not I am able to take time any weekend!:cool:
  18. D

California yellow plates wanted

California Plates Question I found out from DMV that old plates can not be used unless the plates where personal not California regular plates do you have other information to the registration of old plates?:confused:
  19. D

Group buy on V6 emblem?

V6 Emblem What about this one Sin Dan N Luna
  20. D

Replacement Gas tank for SSII

Hi Dear Members I do not recall but some where in the old threads I think that it gave a Model of American car that replaced the SSII gas tank and it had more capacity from 10 Gallons to ? or IF not any one has modified their tank to hold more gas Thank you in advance Sin Dan N...