• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

Hillman Husky conversion?

Concerning Rootes Audax v6. In approx 1990 I put a 2.8 ford in a 1960 Hillman minx convt. I think it was a mustang but might have been a Capri. It had a side shift ford tranny which made location of the shifter easy. There was no firewall issues but I did notch the front crossmember. I cut...
  2. F

Sunbeam Rapier series 3 disc brake parts wanted

Hi Husky, thanks for your thoughts. I was hoping someone might have an old rotor or 2 laying around. I have been looking for a supplier for a couple of months. I have checked everyone I know of in the US, Britain, and Austria. The parts just aren't there. Mixing and matching the spindles /...
  3. F

Sunbeam Rapier series 3 disc brake parts wanted

Looking to add series 3 brakes to my 57 Rapier. I have a complete set of parts but I hesitate to convert to something I can't find spares for. Does anyone know where disc rotors can be sourced, Also what about calipers? Any good used parts around? I have not found any mention of these parts...
  4. F

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

Looking at the intake gasket for a 1978 mustang, there is a square hole in the center of each side. This usually connects to an exhaust port in the head. I believe this lets exhaust flow thru the manifold for quicker warm up?
  5. F

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

Just wondering. Some V engines have side to side exhaust crossover passages in the intake manifold. Does the 2.8?
  6. F

hub upgrade

FWIW, I have seen references to using ford Ranger rotors on the Sunbeam spindles. This would give the ford pattern 5x4.5. As I was going to use a ford 8" this seemed like a good idea. Unfortunately no details on the swap were given. I gave it a cursory look and it seemed like it might be...
  7. F

The missing conversion

The green car appears to have a 4 cam toyota v8 in it. The site appears to be unsecure so I didn't go there. Considered the v8 option for my series 1 Rapier but with all the steering complaints and rare parts seemed like to big of a project. Went with a 3.4 gm v6 instead. Very happy with the...
  8. F

1959 Hillman Husky, side windows

Sorry, no husky body parts left. They do pop up now and again around here. I'll keep my eye open.
  9. F

Rapier stainless rear glass removal

OK, in case someone in the future is interested in removing the rear window stainless, you must: - Remove the headlining from the lower pillar - remove the window pinch on weather strip up about 1 foot and 2-3 little clips on the pinch welt holding a cover piece in place - at this point you may...
  10. F

Thanks Husky. I missed that section in the manual. But, it still doesn't make sense. I removed the nut specified and as I mentioned above the piece is blocked by the drip rail, unless it slides backward 1/4" which it can't do because of the stud. It seems the piece must slide backward to...
  11. F

Hi all. Need advice on removing the back glass trim on my 57 Rapier. Specifically the y shaped trim in each corner that covers the 2 main pieces and goes forward to the drip rail . I see one nut on the inside holding a clip in place. It seems like the y piece should just slide forward. It...
  12. F

Looking for Mutt II 2.8 V6 engine prefer manual - Near OR

Saw this on facebook today. In central Ca. https://monterey.craigslist.org/pts/d/salinas-ford-2800-v6-engine/7603993167.html
  13. F

2800 v6 rebuilt Salinas

Not affiliated, but could be a good deal. https://monterey.craigslist.org/pts/d/salinas-ford-2800-v6-engine/7603993167.html
  14. F

1959 Hillman Husky, side windows

Well, since I've had these for over 40 years, I can hold on a few more months... :) I live maybe a couple of hours from south bay. Check 94561 (Oakley) for location. And BTW, I have many mechanical parts for Sunbeam/Hillman /Singer. Some body. If there is anything else you need. Not as...
  15. F

Sunbeam Rapier 1960? $1000

Nsbluenose, Can't beat the price... but Kentucky is a bit out of my driving range. Let me know about the condition. Thanks Husky drvr.
  16. F

Also, if anyone is interested there's a couple more for sale on the SF bayarea/peninsula craigs list. I can't seem to copy the link. One of these is a 58 hardtop and one is a right hand drive convertible maybe series 4.
  17. F

I would be interested in the dash for sure but I fear shipping will be a chore and expensive. How muich for the dash?
  18. F

Yes, I bought it. Quite a bit of hidden rust but pretty straight and complete. I'm hoping to combine this and another I have to get one good one and supply a few extra bits for my 57 series 1.
  19. F

53 Alpine transmission parts help

Also you might consider having this repaired. If this is aluminum alloy it shouldn't be too difficult.
  20. F

Now I'm in for it.

Are Tiger backing plates the same as Alpine?