• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Whitworth Screws

Looking for a set of Whitworth screws (4) for a seat rebuild on my dad’s Series V. Used is fine as long as they are in good shape. None of the parts houses seem to have them. I even checked with Sunbeam Spares in the UK, which is where I got my last set, but came up empty. Thanks to anyone who...
  2. Silver Creek Sunbeam

PCV Delete - Thoughts?

I was curious to get the take of some of the members on the following article that I came across by "Tiger" Tom Ehrhardt. I've seen some discussion regarding the PCV on the forum but not in regards to this thought process...or at least not that I could find. It addresses a matter that is...
  3. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Tiger One Wire Alternator Conversion Pulley Alignment

PLEASE DISREGARD - he figured it out but had not told me. I’m not sure how to delete a post on the new version of the forum. When I figure it out, I’ll take this down. This question is in regards to my father’s Tiger. He is working on the one-wire alternator (Powermaster 55 amp) conversion on...
  4. Silver Creek Sunbeam

GT Door Waist Rolls on an NON-GT Car

Hello Sunbeamers…I’ve done some research and reading but what I’ve found is bits and pieces, so I’m asking for your input. I am interested in using GT door waist rolls on my Series V. I realize it is not original but it would tie in nicely with the two-tone interior that I did on my car. Here...
  5. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Nice Little Show...if You Want to Go!

For those within drivable proximity of Rome, Georgia, there is a nice leisurely type car show coming up on October the 8th. The show is called Cars on Broad. Basically, the city closes off Broad St in historic downtown Rome for the car show, bluegrass music festival (Fiddlin' Fest), and...
  6. Silver Creek Sunbeam

1725 Badge

Looking for a 1725 Badge for a project…the one under the ‘Alpine Script’ on the forward side of the car. Broken pins are fine. I’m not looking to spend a lot because this is definitely a ‘want’ and not a ‘need’, so if you offer one at a price that I do not take, PLEASE do not take offense...
  7. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Armed Guards or Watch Dogs?

So my Alpine is ‘in good nick’ mechanically at this point, which has me giving thought to longer trips, i.e the Invasion in South Carolina, which would possibly be a two hotel trip for me due to the distance. Six plus hours may be a pretty big undertaking for the first long trip in my little...
  8. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Tank Half Empty or Half Full

Greetings Sunbeamers... I am interested to hear if any of you have found a Fuel Sending Unit that is for any reason preferable to the original. I am in need of a replacement. I know Classic Sunbeam has the stock replacement but I thought I'd ask about alternatives. I found some kind of...
  9. Silver Creek Sunbeam

I Love a Parade

Hello Sunbeamers... I'm looking for input. I've had my car (Series V) for 2 1/2 years now and more and more people around the area are finding out about it. Knowledge has given rise to requests for things like parade transport...think homecoming queen candidates and such for example, riding on...
  10. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Stoneguard Retaining Clips

Hello Sunbeamers... I'm looking for a set (6) of headlight stoneguard retaining clips. I can't find anywhere, including Moss, that sells just the clips. I may be overlooking it but haven't found them. I have the guards and would really like to avoid buying another set. They aren't expensive...
  11. Silver Creek Sunbeam

I Fought the Saw and the Saw Won

I’ve been pretty absent from the forum lately and man…have I missed it. About three weeks ago, I was on task in “Santa’s Workshop” building a Christmas gift for a friend. I was working with a table saw and there it was…the loud ‘crack’. In the same second I heard the noise I was looking down...
  12. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Oil Cooler Hoses - Series V

Hello Sunbeamers…no luck at the normal commercial sources in the US and my across the pond resource is out of stock as well. I’m going to check eBay but thought I’d try here first. Does anyone have a good set of Oil Cooler Lines that they would be willing to part with for me? If so, just...
  13. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Tell me what I'm missing...

You can read my previous post but to make a long story short (no pun intended) part numbers have been confirmed, correct routing has been confirmed (Thanks DanR for the pics), but my new brake cable is too short. (Yes, the handbrake lever is in the disengaged position.) Everything is fine up...
  14. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Handbrake Cable Installation Issue

Hello Sunbeamers...this may have been addressed before but if so, I couldn't find it while searching the forum. I am installing a new handbrake cable from Sunbeam Specialties on my Series V. The cable part info for the cable I'm installing is: EMERGENCY BRAKE CABLE, ALPINE S. IV FROM...
  15. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Next one off of the line...B395012247

I am just curious if the owner of B395012247 is on the forum. My car is B395012246 you have to go back several cars prior to mine to find the next one back listed on the registry but B395012247 was the next one off of the line. It's listed on the registry as 'Driver being restored'. Nothing...
  16. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Wipac Mounting Spacer

I need the mounting spacers for the Wipac Reversing Lights. I do not expect to find them, so I wondered if any of you have fabbed them and if so, what you used. Rubber hose was my first thought but it doesn’t seem firm enough. Any ideas? Thanks to Michael King for the screenshot and...
  17. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Series V Spare Tire Restraining Strap

Does anyone have the measurements (width and length) of the spare tire strap that they would share? Photos of the ends and fasteners would be great as well. The only photo that I found that I can tell much from, it appears that the left end of the strap is pop riveted but I cannot see any...
  18. Silver Creek Sunbeam

POSSIBLE Alternative for Fuel Tanks/Balance Pipe?

I am redoing my fuel system from tanks to carbs and as part of the process, cleaning and sealing my tanks and pipes. I've read many of your posts, comments, and referred to Mike Hartman's and Todd Nordby's papers on the removal, cleaning/sealing, and re-installation process. It has all been...
  19. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Atlanta British Motorcar Day 2021

Anyone in my part of the world attending? https://atlantabritishmotorcarday.org/
  20. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Fuel Pressure Regulator

For those who converted to an electric fuel pump AND are running a fuel pressure regulator, where did you mount the pressure regulator? FYI, I'm using the Holley 12-804 that I saw mentioned favorably in other threads. Photos would be awesome, if you have them.