• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. NorCal

Trick to install top weatherstripping?

Is it supposed to fit in the channel between the screws and stay in place? Do I just need a healthy amount of weatherstripping adhesive to keep it in place?
  2. NorCal

What carb are you running on a 2bbl V6?

I'm running a 32/34 with a 90 degree adapter and I'm starting to wonder if this is the cause of my car being such a dog. What carb are you running? Anyone running a 38/38 (corrected) ?
  3. NorCal

Decision: upgrade to a 2.8, install 289, or sell car

Bought this car going on two years ago. It had been sitting for 15 years. I went through the brakes, fuel, rusty floor pan. Squared away he wiring and now it starts, stops, runs, drives, charges, all the lights work. My really only issue is that the 2.6 4 speed out of a 73 Capri is lacking...
  4. NorCal

How many miles do you get on a fill-up?

My gas gauge doesn’t work, but my speedometer is pretty accurate. Curios to know how many miles do you get on a full tank(s)?
  5. NorCal

200 hp 2.8?

What does it take to get to 200 hp out of a 2.8 V6? Can it be done and still be streetable?
  6. NorCal

V8 anyone?

I realize that the majority of the owners in this section of the forum are V6 owners, as am I. I’m assembling the components to drop a v8 in a Sunbeam, whether it is the current car, a different Alpine or a Tiger project. I just picked up a 6 bolt 289, which I will go through, I pick up a...
  7. NorCal

New top installed

Have new rubber yet to be installed.
  8. NorCal

Wiper blades source?

Looking for 11" chrome or SS 11 inch, 5 mm wide bayonet original looking wiper blades. Need the whole blade, not just the rubber. Sunbeam Specialties are out and can't seem to find anywhere on the interweb. Anyone have a source?
  9. NorCal

Window coming to a hard stop, short of top

I bought it with a broken window, but was fortunate to find a replacement. It rolls up and down fine, but comes to a hard stop an inch or so before going to the top. There is still gears left on the crank. Any thoughts?
  10. NorCal

mufflers choice, dual exhaust project

I love the rumble of a nice v8 in my early mustangs and the tone of the inline 6 in my TR6 and big Healey was also hard to beat. I’m not sure I’ve ever hear a V6 that is memorable, including my current set up. My next shelter in place project is to replace the two rusty can mufflers that are...
  11. NorCal

Rota RB Center cap image

The car just got it's new wheels, but the Rota logo looks too modern for this vintage car. Having these cut out of outdoor vinyl 1.9 inches in diameter. Anyone interested in a set of 5 (one extra in case you mess up). I don't have pricing yet, but thinking around $7 shipped.
  12. NorCal

Sometimes it’s the little things that motive me

A lady at work has a vinyl cutter and was nice enough to cut these out for me. I’ll eventually repaint the car, but until then.
  13. NorCal

Need to replace my V6 disti

I have a 2.6 V6 in the Alpine and I finally found the root of my >3K rpm miss, the disti is worn to the point that the center shaft can wobble at higher rpm, affecting the dwell. I'm looking to replace and assume that a disti from at 2.8 will work? How hard is it to convert to an electronic...
  14. NorCal

Capri V6 external shifter anyone?

A transmission swap is in the future, but for now, I want to get the current trans working. The housing for my shifter is just worn out, so I'm looking for a serviceable used one. I have emails into Team Blitz, but if you have one or have a lead on one, I would appreciate it.
  15. NorCal

Tips & tricks for engine/trans removal and install?

Got the brakes sorted out and drove it for the first time. It starts, stops, turns etc. I’ll be pulling the motor and trans out to have it painted. Any advice? Together, separate etc.
  16. NorCal

Replacement seat sliders?

I bought a set of seats that were "restored". The foam and vinyl work is excellent, but they slapped thick paint over rusted out and frozen solid seat sliders. Is there a good replacement that someone has found that can be adapted to the original seats fairly easily?
  17. NorCal

2 days of searching for Capri Calipers - can't find a source

Having finished the install of my master cylinder and the failed wheel cylinder, I found the pistons in the front calipers are stuck. If the rest of the car is any indication, it is probably due to surface rust. I'll remove them this weekend and see if it is an easy fix with a rebuild kit. I...
  18. NorCal

Anyone know where to find these wheels?

Really like this look, haven’t been able to find them on the internet.
  19. NorCal

Anyone going to Tiger United 40 in Sacramento?

I wish I had my car on the road to take it there, but I’ll be going to it this weekend. Anyone else? Here is the link.
  20. NorCal

Bleeding this type master cylinder

Does this first bowl feed both lines?