• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

Sunbeam Alpine: Changing the Gearbox and Overdrive Oil

hi Tim that second drain plug on the overdrive unit i have never been able to undo. all these years i have simply drained the main plug on the gearbox casing. is it sufficient to do the job or i am i wasting my time? plenty of oil comes out and plenty goes back in. i never knew anything about...
  2. A

What color should I paint my Tiger?

colour code 61 quartz blue with an azure blue interior albeam
  3. A

Alternator replacement recommendations

hartmandm the Lucas 15ac alternator puts out 45amps i am told. It made a world of difference to my car. Albeam
  4. A

Sunbeam Alpine: Adventures in Norfolk U.K.

excellent Tim! you guys have some lovely cars. albeam
  5. A

Show off your Sunbeam

what are fantastic looking Sunbeam ! congratultions
  6. A

Sunbeam Alpine: Restoration Options

hi Tim Very good, it really comes down to what you want to use your car for. mine is a 3 days a week driver. its true, the cars need to be used! Albeam
  7. A

Sunbeam Alpine: Differential Part One Issues and replacement

Tim, Good video, i wish my half shafts came out that easily. those guys made that differential replacement look easy. i guess they know their way around alpines. Albeam
  8. A

Problem: Overdrive Going On and Off

hi Whisky Whistle, i experienced your problem some years ago and i did find the answer on the Forum. if you lift your carpet over your gearbox tunnel you will have an inspection cover just in front of your gear lever. it is held down with about 4 or 6 fastners. When you lift the plate it will...
  9. A

Spark plug questions

Scotty, i am running NGK B5ES plugs with a lumenition system thats be going strong for 30 years. 98 octane fuel. albeam
  10. A

Sunbeam Alpine Series III-V & Tiger: Soft Top Installation (SUPPLEMENTAL)

hi Tim, You are spot on! when i replaced my top a couple of years ago, the trimmer wanted to argue with me about attaching it behind the B post. he eventually did it the way i wanted but all the excess material was just left hanging down. it still has creases in right hand quarter section...
  11. A

Sunbeam Alpine: The Club Weber Carb set-up

hi Tim, i fitted the Alpine Innovations system with the air filter located down in the left hand horn hole and i feel it is at least more then comparable to the Twin SU carburettors that were there prior. getting a smooth idle was probably the bit that took a little bit of time as i have a mild...
  12. A

Rootes Heritage Day 17th July 2022 Full Video

Very good Tim, didn't Rootes make some classy cars over the years. great coverage and really enjoying the audio. albeam
  13. A

My barn find

hi Floor Guy, that is a great opportunity you have got with that sunbeam. car looks pretty straight from the photos. what are your plans with the car? Apart from the wheels is the the car pretty stock? albeam
  14. A

Sunbeam Alpine: Rotor Arm / Pattern parts Problems.

Very good Tim, some of the parts available are just rubbish. i had big troubles for a while with brake light switch' s failing early. the audio come across really well too! all the best albeam
  15. A

Overdrive Warning Light Ideas

mine was a round yellow that expired so i swapped it for green for go! you got to have laycock de normanville overdrive. Albeam
  16. A

2022 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

Miss May is a lovely looking car. Nice stance and clean lines, and they are easy cars to keep with a bit of love and regular use! albeam
  17. A

2022 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

michael that's a great looking alpine. beautiful colour with the white soft top and whitewalls, very classy! albeam
  18. A

Sunbeam Alpine: The Essential Buyers Guide

well done Tim, a credit to all concerned, will be a great source of reference. albeam
  19. A

original size tires for alpine

i am running a set of Blockleys 165HRx14 on dayton wires. they have a nice traditional tread pattern. its a very stock look but they ride nice. albeam
  20. A

1971-2021, Fifty Years of Ownership

i got my alpine in 1978 of a lady in a place called mt martha victoria australia. it looked llike a 14 year old car at that stage but i loved it and drove it, in to the ground. i would do enough to keep it running. life changed and having a mid life crisis i moved north to queensland australia...