• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. nsbluenose

‘59 Singer Gazelle for sale California

No connection to seller. Nice looking car. https://www.facebook.com/share/p/CzrR6z1yrXkEKqjG/?mibextid=K35XfP
  2. nsbluenose

1968 Tour Regalia

Any one know the history behind this tour? It’s made of a heavy cotton. Roughly 14 x 15 inches. Could be car, or motorcycle, or bicycle tour!
  3. nsbluenose

Alpine in Utah.

Looks solid, decent price. No connection to seller. https://www.facebook.com/groups/7687137043/permalink/10161472412962044/?mibextid=W9rl1R
  4. nsbluenose

Stowe, British Invasion

My Singer won 1st in its category at the British Invasion at Stowe. Many wonderful cars attended.
  5. nsbluenose

Sunbeam Alpine in Maine

Spotted in driveway about 25 miles east of Bangor, Maine on Rt 9. No engine, looks much worse than it actually is. No one around to ask its status.
  6. nsbluenose

Reading spark plugs

Just removed plugs from my Singer. 1725 cc with 32/36 Weber. Plugs are NGK BP6ES. Plugs have about 7000 total miles on them, about 150 miles since cleaning and regaping in the spring. 1,2,3,4 cylinders, left to right. Is this a healthy colour?
  7. nsbluenose

Gear reduction starter

Has anyone bought a gear reduction or high torque starter from Rare Electrical? Wondering about quality of starters. They seem to have the best price I’ve found inline, but I don’t want to sacrifice quality for price. For 1725 engine. Maybe someone has a very good one to sell me.
  8. nsbluenose

Reminder, be careful under a car

Just a reminder how things can go sour so very quickly while working underneath a car. On this past Friday, late in the afternoon, I was feeling tired and it was getting cold in the garage. I wanted to take my car off the jack stands, as all winter maintenance under the car was completed...
  9. nsbluenose

Help needed, Nova Scotia to Bowling Green, KY

I am giving serious consideration to driving from Nova Scotia to Bowling Green, KY to attend United 40. Driving my Singer, a one way drive of roughly 1800 miles. Getting from Nova Scotia to by-passing Boston is not a problem. Then what is the best, safest, probably fastest time wise route from...
  10. nsbluenose

Silicone Gaskets

My two daughters are so in tune with my needs for the Singer and gave me this 4 piece silicone oil pan gasket set from Trevor Hibdige. Nicely developed gasket, each bolt hole has a torque limiting washer cast around it. As some of you know I developed a semi serious oil leak travelling to the...
  11. nsbluenose

Help while traveling.

Each of us has probably had a situation arise as we travel about the the countryside, perhaps far from our home base, where we need a helping hand with a repair, finding a locate garage, finding a hotel, etc. Is there a list, on this site, of members, with their contact information, who are...
  12. nsbluenose

Talbot Sunbeam for sale

Interesting car in Tennesse. No relation to seller. https://cookeville.craigslist.org/cto/d/cookeville-1952-talbot-sunbeam-alpine/7560876715.html
  13. nsbluenose

1946 Hillman Minx Saloon

Something a little different. Appears to be a very nice car. Hope this link works; 1946 Hillman Minx Saloon 4 Door Sedan | Classic Cars | Edmonton | Kijiji
  14. nsbluenose

Early series water pump

This is probably a really stupid question, but; Is this the same water pump as used on any series Alpine? Looks close except for the plate to the engine side and the dimensions may be completely different. 8-94376865-0 Water Pump with 4 Flange Holes 8943768650 Fits for Hitachi Excavator EX100-3...
  15. nsbluenose

Trophy Points

What are Trophy Points? What are they given for?
  16. nsbluenose

1494 Engine

Is the block of a 1494 engine the same as the 1725 block? Could a 1494 be bored to 1725 cc and use the 1725 aluminum head? Or is it a different stroke?
  17. nsbluenose

British Invasion, Stowe-Vermont, Sept 11/2021

Is anyone planning on attending this years' British Invasion in Stowe. I am registered and rooms booked, now all I need is for the US to open their border to Canada. Sure hope it happens.
  18. nsbluenose

Bring a Trailer - Sunbeam

This Sunbeam Alpine looks really bad, but not as bad as it looks, maybe? Mechanically, while not original is probably fairly good, tires are good, body and underneath pictures don't appear as bad as it looks. Interior is as bad as it looks. Just saying! What's it worth?? No Reserve: V6-Powered...
  19. nsbluenose

Alpine at Copart

Don't know if this is the correct location for this post, so please move if not. Browsing through the Copart site noticed this Alpine in Salt Lake City. No info on it, it was just in the back ground pictures of another car. It may be coming up for sale, been sold, no info on it. Someone may want...
  20. nsbluenose

1.5 or 3.0 Coil?

This question has probably been asked before, but I can't locate what has been said My car, with a 4 cylinder, 1725 cc engine, stock except for Pertronix ignition, is using a 3 ohm coil. Searching the internet, it seems to be nearly impossible to get a clear cut answer to, should it be a 1.5 or...