• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

Blower Motor

My blower motor will not shut off. I've double checked the wire connections at the switch. It's a two speed bower and it does change speeds at the switch, but when it should be off the blower is still turning. I've even tried a different switch.
  2. C

SV Oil Pressure Gauge

Looking for a working oil pressure gauge for y 67 Series V including the mounting bracket.
  3. C

SV Battery

Does anyone know the length of battery cable for a SV with the battery behind the passenger seat. The positive cable from battery to solenoid. I will be cutting it to install a maxi fuse so better to be a little on the long side. Gary
  4. C

Combining Electrical Circuits

I would like to free up one toggle switch to add a toggle for a fuel pump. Can I add the panel lights to the light switch and use the panel light switch for the fuel pump? Gary
  5. C

Rebel Wiring Harness

I just ordered a Rebel harness for my 67 Alpine on eBay. Can anyone tell me if it is complete. Do I need an instrument harness to go with it? Will it come with connectors or will I need to put them on? I also ordered a voltmeter from Moss. Is this an easy install? I also have an upgraded tach...
  6. C

S5 Cubby

New wood dash is on the way but need new cubby box. Does anyone make a more substantial box out of metal, plastic, or wood? Will the dash go in ok if the box is installed on the back of the dash first? Gary
  7. C

Padded Dash Rail Fasteners

My lower padded trim rail of my dash was only connected with the two threaded studs. What type of fasteners were used at the other connection points. I think there are 4 or 5 places. It is a 1967 S5. Do any of the parts dealers carry these fasteners? Gary
  8. C

Interior

My 67 SV is missing something. What type of interior trim goes behind each door. There appears to be a snap and pin on each side but nothing attached. It would cover the edges of the rear surround upholstery at each door. It would be nice to see a picture of what goes there. Gary
  9. C

Series 5 Vent Actuators

I need the two under dash vent actuators, including the mounting brackets for a 67 Alpine. Basically everything from the vent to the dash. Hoping someone is parting one out.
  10. C

Heater/Defroster Controls

I recently bought a 67 Alpine and found that the heater core was bypassed and all the controls are missing or not connected. I haven't been able to find any good diagrams showing how the whole system is hooked up and the correct part numbers to order replacements. The slide operating levers are...
  11. C

Light Switch

Ive read in posts that some members have combined the dash lights with the headlight switch. My question, is there a trick to doing this? Do I need to splice any wires? It looks like there is one empty pin on the back of the headlight switch.
  12. C

Kick Panels

Is there a source for reproduction kick panels without having to buy a complete upholstery package?
  13. C

Keys

I just got a 1967 Alpine and it came with only one ignition key and it does not work on any of the other locks. Does anyone make lock cylinders for the doors and trunk or do I have to replace the door handles? Are there key codes anywhere and can I get replacement keys? If so, where can I get them?
  14. C

Dash

The wood dash in my series V is cracked and in need of replacement. I would like to add a couple toggle switches for the electric fan and the electric fuel pump. Has anyone made modifications to one of those burl dashes I've seen advertised? Would the Sunbeam light switch work in this situation?
  15. C

Radio for 67 Alpine

I would like to install a radio without butchering interior, dash, or door panels. Anybody have any ideas? How about a hidden antenna? I am going to replace the dash and saw a modified dash with a glove box door. Could mount inside the glove box area. Probably need surface mount speakers behind...
  16. C

i just purchased a 1967 Alpine that has a 1978 Pinto 2.3 engine. The engine is obviously longer than the original. There is no fan on the water pump. It has an electric fan in front of the radiator. The heating system has been bypassed. I assume it was bypassed because it had a leak. Maybe from...