• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

Blower Motor

Tim, your wiring details differed slightly from what I was given in my Rebel kit. By changing one wire at the switch, everything now works like it should. Thanks everyone. This is such a great helpful site
  2. C

Blower Motor

I rewired the car over the last winter and with Paul's help got it done. He gave me details showing the wiring at the switch. The blower wiring remained original with the ballast resistor and the two wires going to the switch. When I put the dash back in, the blower wouldn't work. I just got...
  3. C

Blower Motor

Yes I have the resistor and the wires appear to be attached correctly.
  4. C

Blower Motor

My blower motor will not shut off. I've double checked the wire connections at the switch. It's a two speed bower and it does change speeds at the switch, but when it should be off the blower is still turning. I've even tried a different switch.
  5. C

Replacement Wiring Harness

I did one of Paul's harnesses over the winter and was very pleased with how easy it was and the help that Paul gave me answering any questions or problems with my install. The twelve fuses and relays in the kit were a great improvement over the original two fuse wiring harness. All wires were...
  6. C

Clearing 10 years of spares

Do you have a turn signal switch for a SV?
  7. C

Rebel Wiring Harness

I've heard two sides maxi-fuse or fuseable link at the Rebel Wiring connection to battery power at the solenoid. Rebel furnished a fuseable link but if I go with a maxi-fuse, what size? I do have a an amplifier added to sound system, otherwise the rest is pretty stock.
  8. C

Rebel Wiring Harness

OK, just pulled in the harness. First questions. The red Battery wire in the main fused harness. Does it go all the way to the battery and is that where the fuseable link is installed? There were also two connectors included but I don't know where they go or how they are put together. Also, I...
  9. C

SV Oil Pressure Gauge

I broke down and ordered the NOS gauge off eBay. Thanks everyone for your help. Best site ever. Gary
  10. C

SV Oil Pressure Gauge

Ok. Does anyone have one of these?
  11. C

SV Oil Pressure Gauge

Assuming I have the original hard line, what gauge should I be looking for?
  12. C

SV Oil Pressure Gauge

The previous owner put in a Stewart Warner gauge and adapted it to fit. There is metal tubing from engine to firewall then it adapts to flexible tubing to the gauge. The serial number is B395005420LRX. It looks like they had to modify the connection. I have attached photos.
  13. C

SV Oil Pressure Gauge

I'll look at it tomorrow.
  14. C

SV Oil Pressure Gauge

I don't think it's the original gauge. It's a Smiths gauge and all my other gauges are jaeger. Do you have the tubing and fittings?
  15. C

SV Oil Pressure Gauge

Looking for a working oil pressure gauge for y 67 Series V including the mounting bracket.
  16. C

Rebel Wiring Harness

There is a lot of chatter about relays. Are they included with the Rebel kit? What else should I replace while I have the dash out? Flasher? I also ordered LED dash lights and they sent an electrical box with them but no directions for installation. What if some bulbs are not converted to LED...
  17. C

SV Battery

I have a large crimping tool and plan to solder also.
  18. C

SV Battery

Thanks everyone. Great information.
  19. C

SV Battery

Thanks. That helps a lot. I'll order one a couple feet longer and cut it to fit with a maxi fuse. Do you know the wire gauge?
  20. C

SV Battery

Does anyone know the length of battery cable for a SV with the battery behind the passenger seat. The positive cable from battery to solenoid. I will be cutting it to install a maxi fuse so better to be a little on the long side. Gary