• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

Wheel cylinder

I need a wheel cylinder rebuild kit for my SV. It’s there a standard size or domestic alternative to ordering from one of our traditional suppliers?
  2. M

Chassis / frame support modification

Here are some undercarriage pics of the '67 SV in Buffalo i'm heading to see next wednesday now. Still no good explanation for why the p-door looks squeezed into the side of the jamb and not so much hitting at the top. I have place additional undercarriage pics in a media gallery "White '67 in...
  3. M

Very good point Ken. I'm still of the mindset of the owner of my SUV that i've given up on restoring. what can i tell you about my '65 from california car sitting here in cleveland . it may be back on the market soon.
  4. M

Hi Dan: I've been off the forum for a while, but I'm back. And very seriously considering buying Fred Brace's car in Buffalo this weekend. I've uploaded 2 pics he sent me of my primary area of concern with his car. He represents this condition has existed for some time and has been stable, no...
  5. M

Does anyone have any pictures, insights or opinions on a chassis modification I saw on a BRG SV in Cleveland Ohio where a piece of square tube was welded in between the X-frame from the front leaf spring shackle to that point on the X-frame where the chassis goes over the front end? It...
  6. M

65 SV "California" car in Cleveland

OVerdrive What type overdrive would I be looking for the SV synchro transx? Is it a reasonable modification to swap the flywheel, non-synchro transx, and overdrive and dirve shaft from a 1962 into a SV just to get the overdrive? There is a 62 for sale nearby with all of the foregoing...
  7. M

65 SV "California" car in Cleveland

I am close to pulling the trigger on this as the eventual transplant survivor of my 67 SV Cleveland car. Mine's a mud bucket with more rust scale than metal particularly on the rear x-frame at the front leaf spring shackles. I've kept it on the road for most of the last 40+ years, but I just...
  8. M

Parts Lot, including SII gas tank

62 french alpine in my neighborhood Recently posted on Hemmings. check it out. https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/sunbeam/alpine/1889778.html I confess ignorance wrt early alpines. I'm interested in the overdrive, cargo shelf door and boot shelf if adaptable to my SV. I'd be...