• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

What should I look for; Buying an alpine from a co-worker?

It would be nice if that car was entered into the registry and perhaps someday under new owners we see it on the road. There was a lot of time taken by forum members to help the guy, hats off to you guys. Ray
  2. R

What should I look for; Buying an alpine from a co-worker?

I just read the entire thread. Any ideas on his status of this car. Hopefully, it is still in the garage waiting. Makes me feel lucky to have somewhat rust free calif cars. But we do see some things like this. Getter done.
  3. R

62 revival blog progress reports

Thanks guys, I read last nite on some website that in late near the end of the series 2 models they stopped stamping the vin on cowl and used the I'd plate and motor number. Did not get a title, long gone thru previous owners. I am not opposed to a ca assigned vin, but would be nice to...
  4. R

Car numbers id I am doing my research. I don't seem to have a large identification plate on the drivers side cowl. I have a SAL 017608 on passenger side cowl. The block number is B 9111620. The valve cover sunbeam name on top front with a large S inside a diamond shaped raised place...
  5. R

Motor lrx 900248

My mistake on number I left off an extra 0 B 9000248 lrx Is the block number.
  6. R

Motor lrx 900248

Thanks for that, I am trying to setup an account to post pics. Any ideas on what that might be. I will check them again. It looks identical to the motor in my car. With aluminum head and valve cover. I also was thinking car might have been wrecked, but pondered that in 71 someone might...
  7. R

Sunbeam mechanic in sacramento

Cody, what do you need done? Depending on what you need I may have a contact. Since I am in sac maybe we can hook up. Ray
  8. R

I will start a blog on getting it back running and driveable. Today did a little dent pulling. I will post pics as soon as I learn how.
  9. R

Motor lrx 900248

I think Ken was messing with my head. Ray
  10. R

New member saying hello.

Thanks for welcome, The fiero radiator measures 24 5/8 wide and 16 9/16 tall. Has top driver side inlet bottom pass side outlet. I know I will have to fab up some mounts. I will share pics.
  11. R

Motor lrx 900248

I just purchased this 1960 motor, I was wondering what the chances are of the car still being on the road. I thought the owner of that car might like to have it back. The motor was purchased in 1971 in San jose, the guy was going to make a portable welder but didn't and then just stored it...
  12. R

New member saying hello.

Greetings all, I am a true gearhead of all cars. I have a bunch of them. I fell into buying a series 2, for $100.00 10 days ago. Was wrecked in 1972 and apparently stored. Nice nearly rust free car. Was missing the carbs, and radiator, and headlight trim rings. I then attended the TU38...