• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Lolat324

Carb parts

Hey anyone know if two parts in this picture are available? One is the phenolic block located between the two sections of the Zenith carb body see in this picture . The other is the obviously broken element, the 'hooked' shaped affair. I have superglued it back together and fabricated two small...
  2. Lolat324

Srs 3 GT carb rebuild kits

So, need to clean and rebuild the twin carbs on the Srs. 3, '63 GT. Just wondering are their better kits out there? Worth the money and wait? If so, where do I get them? Appreciate it!
  3. Lolat324

Mirror Location-'63 Srs 3 GT

Okay, so I own my dads 63 Srs 3, GT. Back in the family after being lost for 27 years. When dad bot it, it didn't have a driver's side, a move to Riverside in 65 he added the mirror-not sure why, bet it was La traffic related. I'll ask him he's old but sharp. So the Talbot mirror is currently...
  4. Lolat324

Hardtop rear plexiglass-new or make?

So, I'm finally off my long electrical journey...and onto what I'm guessing is another hard issue. My Srs 3 Gt hardtop rear plexi is shot-no amount of polishing will solve the crazing. With any backlite-the light is blinding and looking our the rear view mirror is a no go. An online Sunbeam...
  5. Lolat324

Electrical wiring issue

Quick back story-this is the latest on my Alpine. So '63 Srs 3. Dad bot it new, found it a few years ago. Great condition. When I got it back, it wasn't charging. It would run on battery, until is wouldn't. Change battery and get home. Hmm, figured out it was a bunch of things-bad voltage reg...
  6. Lolat324

Tank alignment

Hello all, during it's absence from my family ( sold by the original owner, my dad, in 1977, found and brought home by me, in 2017) , my 63 Srs 3 Gt had it two tanks removed and restored. Upon re-installation two issues though they are likely related. First there is a gas smell, that when the...
  7. Lolat324

Fuel Shut-off

Brought my '63 Gt out this weekend after a long winter nap. Checked everything, added some no-E fuel. Drove it about 15 miles, a few stop and goes. Then headed back to the shop. After entering the freeway, after a long, tight left hand on ramp, about the moment I went to 4th gear, the car died...
  8. Lolat324

GT top plexi rear window

So my 63 SR III GT is a very patina'd girl.. I've been pulled over a couple times due to the fact that the top's rear plexiglass window is so fogged, and checked, that you can't really see out of it in the rear view mirror, nor through it from the outside. At night the headlights of a following...
  9. Lolat324

generator light

So, '63 Sr III GT. Generator light won't go off once car starts. Facts-grounds are all good, generator is new (rebuilt), new ignition switch, properly wired!! Battery good, tried another battery-same issue, voltage regulator polarized. Protronics installed. Amp guage shows a positive position...
  10. Lolat324

Parts resource-'63 Alpine Series 3

I'm looking for a replacement hose-the one that goes between the air cleaner box (the silver AC one) and my dual carbs. It is a "L" shape, with an inside diameter of say 3"...checked out the usual suspects for Alpine parts, nada! Though on-line lists of parts don't have everything..any ideas...
  11. Lolat324

Couple questions

Hello, just purchased a 63 Gt bought new by my father. We have been away from the Sunbeam crowd for 40 years. Needs some advice, resources, etc. 1) Tires-need a source and brand for new rubber- 165/13 2) Gas cap-what did original look like? A picture maybe? One on car doesn't look like the...