• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. sd_pace

Power Steering Failure

So I ran into the problem that my steering failed on me luckily at a stop sign. I am not sure what happened but I towed it home and tore it down to find out why. Here is what I found, the lithium looked well used, and a few bearings were missing some of the large bearings had split in...
  2. sd_pace

Complete Jose v6 Kit

Available is a complete Jose V6 install kit including a volvo fan by Dennis. all for 1150.00 plus shipping. If interested just pm Steve
  3. sd_pace

Billboards around Atlanta

Drove by a few of these in town, looks like a nice s3
  4. sd_pace

Series 5 in bama

just up on craigslist (no affiliation) https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/d/birmingham-sunbeam-alpine/6991107923.html
  5. sd_pace

Hood venting

Looking to find a way to vent the hood on the v6, came across this hood on the tiger site. was wondering about how it was done, any ideas out there? I like the look myself
  6. sd_pace

Complete Jose Kit

Available is a complete Jose V6 install kit including a volvo fan by Dennis. all for 1350.00 plus shipping. If interested just pm Steve
  7. sd_pace

V6 running too hot

well I have it running and it drives with alot of spunk... but it seems to run too hot... i put a 160 thermo in it and made a shroud that works well.. the temp at idle hangs around 190, but as I drive it climbs to 210 or more... driving doesn't seem to bring it down much at all... I have an ac...
  8. sd_pace

2.8 starter and flywheel problem

soo .... I put the starter in the 2.8 to start the motor, but the flywheel sits about an eight of an inch from the scatter shield ... which means the starter pinon and flywheel ring gear are trying to occupy the same space :eek: an yes I have a mutt2 flywheel and clutch ... mounted to the crank...
  9. sd_pace

V6 slave adjust

Was putting in the slave cylinder on the V6 and am not sure of how much play we are suppose to have ... any one know off the top ? its a cnc pull slave .. just like the willwood type.:confused:
  10. sd_pace

pilot bearing

I assume with the new pilot bearings (the v8 sized) that it is necessary to replace the shorter flywheel bolts ..... have the original, just not sure if metric or english .... also, the pilot is aluminum so does it need washers? ..does anyone know the size and thread?
  11. sd_pace

TigerAxle done

Finally after a month My rear axle is done and ready to slide back in.... ended up going with the 3.92 gear set because of the carrier, it had the Lat-56 posi.. matched up to the 2.95 T5 that baby should jump:eek:
  12. sd_pace

rotisserie

I am trying to find the center for my rotisserie bars that attach to the car ... I was thinking around the grill badge in the front and above the bumper on the back....does any one have an approx where that be:confused:
  13. sd_pace

side vents

Started installing the cobra vents in the side panels:eek:... Found there is a lot of room in there... I cut them in to the lower part of the panel because I liked the way they looked the best... centered up well with just enough room in front... two and a half inches from the back edge of...
  14. sd_pace

60 Hillman Minx

this looks nice, I like it http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Hillman-Minx-Series-3A-Convertible-/121602875400?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c5018a008&item=121602875400#ht_1037wt_1106
  15. sd_pace

Chrome wires

I have 5 new in 02, 13" dayton chome wire wheels, hubs, two ear spins, with bearings and tires. all like new except the spins have some marks from a hammer (not from me) these all are straight and balanced ready to put on your car... I was lookin to get 1500.00 for everything:eek:... I am...
  16. sd_pace

FloorPans

Well! :eek: I was preparing to cut the tunnel for the t-5 when I found some bad repair work on my floor pans... the front halfs of the floor are rusted under the sheet metal repairs... a lot worse than i can live with... Is there a source for replacement pans of the forward half of the...
  17. sd_pace

1960 in atlanta

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/4469200976.html just listed a few days ago. not affiliated
  18. sd_pace

T5 gears

well I found a t5 WC w/2.95 gear set... (1352-251) had to drive to muscle shoals alabama to get it... but the price was worth it....nice, clean and tight... Now I can put it together... Feel the excitment!:eek: steve
  19. sd_pace

2.8 head mods

was putting the heads on and discoverd I hadnt drilled the water ports for the head... is it just two 1/4 inch holes on the siamese side or four holes like in the gasket "the drill is in my hand" steve
  20. sd_pace

2.8 decking

Is it the head shaved .030 and the block .030 to raise the compression to 9 to 1? ... is it a half a point per deck? can I do that with the 2.9 valves? Does anyone know what the clearance for the hardend valve seats are before you hit the water jacket? thanks Steve