• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

Some like it hot!..So does my Alpine Mark V

Well, still troubleshooting cooling system woes on my Alpine. Have a new thermostat, proper cap, a sporty 6 blade fan, and a brand new shiny Aluminum radiator. I live in south Florida, never dips below 70 outside temp. The car runs about 40 degrees C cooler now at cruising speed...
  2. M

Best practice nylon fuel line to fuel pump-help

Guys, Maybe this is obvious, but wanted some advice anyway. What is safest most secure "best practice" to connect nylon fuel line to fuel pump. 1967 Stock Sunbeam Alpine Mark V photo below. Thanks MIke G.
  3. M

Alpine SV, Clutch Cover need desperately!

Hello I am working to button up my 67 Series V Alpine, VIN # B395013026. I have posted some threads on this effort. In any case, my clutch cover needs replacement. The pressure plate/ cover cannot be found as many of the forum posts have indicated. Anyone have a line on a new Cover/pressure...
  4. M

Transmisssion down, now clutch

Hello Gents, A follow up posting on efforts to bring the Sunbeam Mark V back in action. Transmission has been removed. It was a struggle to get the bell housing off the alignment pin, but some PB blaster worked once I drove the pin back into the block. Some notes that could be helpful to...
  5. M

Bell housing Blues

Hello again guys, Well I just picked up my new "old tranny" from ebay. Stamped 1967 so it should work pretty well as my old one is stamped 1966. I have encountered a few problems and have a few questions. The car is up and the bell housing bolts have been removed. The tranny is supported...
  6. M

Hello-Trying to "Get Smart" on Alpine V

Hi, I am a relatively new member and have had my 67 Alpine Mark V for about a month. (I own another Agent 86 Car-the VW Karmann Ghia but that was a much simpler car.) The Alpine is a California car with good paint and body, but needs some engine work. Stock 1725 cc with Weber dual barrel...