• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

Going.... going.... gone!

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this message, but it's the only one I have used. My experience with Rosie the Sunbeam Alpine is coming to an end. My wife and I are moving and there will be no place for her (Rosie not the wife) to stay. It has been a pleasure over the past few years to...
  2. B

Carburetor confusion - Stromberg - 150 CD

This would be very helpful. Again, with both my carbs, when the adjustment screw is tightened all the way, I see no sign of a jet elevated. What I see is what's seen in Jay's photo.
  3. B

Thanks beamdream. I'll let you know how it turns out.
  4. B

I'm obviously no expert on these things BUT, is not the inner ring I see in your photo the jet centering bush rather than the jet itself?
  5. B

I have, on both carbs, removed the jet adjustment screw (13 not 12), and I get one threaded piece of brass. No springs, washers, jet, etc. Do I not need to remove the jet bushing retainer screw to get at the jet and associated bits?
  6. B

Thanks to everyone for the advice and suggestions. I WILL get to the bottom of this and let you know how it turns out. One (actually two) final (for now) question. Does the jet move up and down the same distance as the adjustment screw? And does the jet turn as does the adjustment screw? Thanks
  7. B

No offense taken beamdream. 'appreciate you taking the time to respond. When I lift the piston up, there is no brass tube at the bottom of the venture. As I screw the adjuster upward, there is no sign of a tube(jet) being raised. When I drop the piston, it simply clanks on the venture housing...
  8. B

I purchased my67 Alpine SV a few years back and have never been truly happy with the way it runs at low speed. The dual Strombergs run rich. I have faithfully followed the instructions in the owner's manual as well as more detailed advice in the Haynes Workshop Manual on carburetor settings and...
  9. B

Stromberg 150 C.D. carburettors

Thanks. I had looked there before and was unable to find it. After your note I went back again and found it this time. Cheers
  10. B

Stromberg 150 C.D. carburettors

Can anyone please advise where I might purchase rebuild kits for the twin Strombergs on my SV Alpine? Thanks
  11. 2

1967 Alpine V, restored after the fire.
  12. B

Noisy doors

Thanks Steve. It too is a series V. I've tried to do all you have suggested above to mitigate the rattle, but I still get a metallic clang when shutting either door. I'm wondering if the latch itself when engaging the striker causes the sheet metal to which they are attached to do the steel drum...
  13. B

Noisy doors

Ok, I know it's not a Volvo or an expensive car, but it sure would be nice if the doors didn't clatter as they do when they are "slammed" shut. I have added sound deadening material to the inside of the door panel, tried to separate the window wind up linkages, the door handle linkage, added...
  14. B

Series V Horns

I recently installed 2 new horns in my SV. They are quite loud and rather high pitched (even though one is hi and the other lo). I be interested in knowing how one goes about tuning these little guys. Thanks for the advice.
  15. B

Bonnet release problem

Brilliant!!
  16. B

Bonnet release problem

There are of course two latches associated with the one release cable; the primary and the "safety" latch. The main latch releases when the release handle is pulled and up pops the bonnet. Pulling the release handle further releases the secondary latch but the bonnet does not pop up any further...
  17. B

An interior question 67 SV

Thanks. I hope mine looks as good when I'm finished. BTW, how did you attach the console to the tunnel? Cheers
  18. B

An interior question 67 SV

I'm doing some reupholstering and there's an area no one but me will likely ever see - the underside of the glove box lid. I'd sure appreciate some advice as to how it should be finished to look "proper"? (In case someone does one day have a look).;) Cheers
  19. B

A couple of SV quickies.

1. Did every 1967 Alpine originally come with an ashtray? I've encountered two that do not have one. 2. What is the maximum pressure the proper original oil gauge shows on this same car? Thanks
  20. B

Oil pressure gauge fitting SV

Thanks to both Kens for the guidance and advice. An OEM metal pipe with fittings would be best and I'll continue my search. If this fails, I'll try to cobble something up. (If you run across a spare let me know eh?). Cheers Jim