• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. cnalbers

Temp sender question

Thanks, I thought so... sure was a sloppy fit in my gauge, tho.
  2. cnalbers

Temp sender question

Does anyone happen to know the exact size of the temp sender threads? I measured a pitch of 18 but OD of 5/8" is too big and 9/16" is too small for my gauge. The reason I ask is I plan to weld a threaded bung to the oil cooler adapter (oil pump to cooler side) for an oil temp sender (using...
  3. cnalbers

$83,500 Alpine on ebay

The interior is utterly awful... and that dash... they ruined it.:eek::confused:
  4. cnalbers

Oil Temperature Gauge?

This makes me wonder if tapping into the cooler adapter base would be better. This would be on the "B" side in the manual, straight from the oil pump. This would place the sensor on the left side adjacent the dipstick.
  5. cnalbers

Oil Temperature Gauge?

This is a great idea. I think I have a spare oil filter base that I can tap for the temp sensor.
  6. cnalbers

Oil Temperature Gauge?

Hmm... not sure what a "blank boss" is... there is nothing next to the OPRV on mine, just bare flat aluminum. Perhaps that was drilled and tapped? Seems workable.
  7. cnalbers

Oil Temperature Gauge?

Has anyone installed an oil temperature gauge in their Alpine? What gauge did you use? Where is the sensor installed?
  8. cnalbers

Jaeger Tach 2411/01

Does anyone know how to service these? Mine bounces when shifting. I have heard that the cause of this is frequently a bad capacitor. I could only find one (pictured). Can anyone tell me what the dashpot does and how it is adjusted?
  9. cnalbers

Alpine Innovations Webcon intake manifold

What is the trick to getting the electric choke set? I followed the Weber exactly and the thing just will not give me the proper increased idle when it's cold. It's either too much or not at all... it makes no sense!
  10. cnalbers

Alpine Innovations Webcon intake manifold

Good luck with that, they are hard to find. I gave up and bought the intake from a seller in UK that sold AI intake a little cheaper than AI. I bought a 38/38 DGES from Pierce Manifolds. The manifold is made for a progressive 32/36, so I had to open up the top a little and alter the spacer...
  11. cnalbers

Aluminum Radiator For Sunbeam Alpine Series V (EBAY)

I have one of those ebay Chinese aluminum radiators. There are two types sold on ebay from China, one slightly more expensive than the other. I bought the more expensive one. There are two issues with this radiator: 1) the radiator is much thicker than stock; you cannot run stock fan, must...
  12. cnalbers

OD 4.22 Differential

Thanks for the input. I am going to leave the 3.89 in. It seems that 4.22 ring & pinion are hen's teeth anyway.
  13. cnalbers

OD 4.22 Differential

Anyone know where I can get a 4.22 ring gear & pinion?
  14. cnalbers

So, I rewired my car...

I just ordered a Lucas voltmeter. The guy at the instrument shop told me that my 105amp alternator will always make the ammeter peg... the odd thing is, it never did it before the rewire. Mine is a 35amp model.
  15. cnalbers

So, I rewired my car...

Since I converted to the GM alternator some 30 years ago, it has always been wired this way. I have never had a wire connected to the Field terminal. When the car is off and the lights are on the ammeter reads NEG a few mm's to the left of center.
  16. cnalbers

So, I rewired my car...

Everything is new... battery, alternator, wiring. Warning light comes on when ignition is in ON position and turns off after engine starts. When engine starts the ammeter needle pegs off the scale and STAYS there until (I assume) the voltage regulator overheats and turns off (10min or more)...
  17. cnalbers

So, I rewired my car...

I'll give it a try. I converted to the CS130 from the Lucas alt many years ago and never had any issues like this, so something in the rewire must have caused it.
  18. cnalbers

So, I rewired my car...

After reading Tim Raymond's thread on rewiring and getting his guide, I decided to rewire my car. I tried to follow his setup as closely as possible, but since my car has a Delco CS130 alternator, I needed to make some changes. Everything works and runs well, however, now my ammeter pegs...
  19. cnalbers

Ammeter issue?

Thanks for the reply. I am going to try your fix. The car is running fine. All the GRN/WHT wire from the solenoid to the coil does is ensure that the coil is getting full voltage from the battery when the ignition is activated; this is critical for my electronic ignition, as anything less...
  20. cnalbers

Ammeter issue?

This is how it is wired... what do I need to do to correct it?