• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

Slave Cylinder

It looks to me that your bleed niple is at the wrong place, it should be above like Mike has mentioned. Regards, Peter
  2. P

Tire Recommendations 13”

I am sure you have Vredestein tyres and not Veredestein.....
  3. P

Rear main or oil pan leak

A scroll seal at the backside of the engine???? I thought that the scroll seal is at the front of the engine and by the way I have numerous times removed the gearbox from the engine without the engine leaking oil while that engine was tilted to the back.
  4. P

Electric problems

Connect a multimeter between the negative cable of the battery and the negative terminal of the battery and then pull one by one the fuses and watch a change in the multimeter reading. As soon as you see this difference you have found the circuit which causes the problem and then it is a matter...
  5. P

Speedometer cable end not square with gearbox

Thanks again Howard I will take your advice. I run 14 inch minlites and 185/60 tyres and the tyres are Dunlop Sport. I will do the calculations. Yes I can imagine the horror of this Hurricane in relations to your house and belongings. Luckily this kind of storms don't exist overhere. I had an...
  6. P

Hi Howard, My Tiger has also the 2.88 to 1 and when you have 6 green teeth with such an nearly exact result of precision regarding the speedometer then I don't understand why the chart shows 7 teeth. It is a shame that the Parts list shows only the teeth of the drive gear ( 15 for the MK I and...
  7. P

Hi hdar5702, was your Tiger a standard Tiger with the original rear axle? I asked this because in the chart which husky drvr proved there is mentioned that a standard Tiger has 7 teeth while you show a gear with 6 teeth. Very interesting! Thanks for posting! Regards, Peter
  8. P

I think you are right in that the C-clip is missing. Maybe broken but then the question would be how has that happened and where are the broken parts now? Indeed I have seen the pictures of the helical gears but I wondered which one fits a TIger MK I. Some said it should be 7 teeth but I am not...
  9. P

Thank you very much for all your effort to help me. The only thing I am not agreeing with (sorry for that) is the teeth count on the spriral gear, so far I have seen a count of 5 or 7 teeth. By accident I found a video on youtube which reveals a lot to me. The title of this video is "Mustang...
  10. P

Thanks again! 1.But what is the function of the retainer clip (C-shape) and how is it working? 2. What is the number of the teeth of the helicoil gear on the output shaft of the gearbox (not the driven gear with the 15 or 16 teeth? 3. Has the original differential ( so without LSD) so called...
  11. P

Sure this helps! Thanks again! I am surprised about the teeth count because on the internet I have seen counts of 5 and 7 teeth for the helicoil and for the Sunbeam Tiger I have seen a count of 5 teeth. I think you are referring to the other gear the gear that is stuck in the gearbox because...
  12. P

Yes this helps a lot! One of my problems is that even with the cable out I can't extract the driven gear out of the gearbox that is why I asked how to accomplish this. So when I took out the cable from the gearbox there was no driven gear to be seen! Is there some span ring above the driven...
  13. P

Thanks Pete! But how do I get out the driven gear on which the cable is connected? And how many teeth has the helicoil gear which drives the driven gear with 15 or 16 teeth? Finally: I have a LSD differential and I can not find the special oil with the GL4 specification, I only find numerous...
  14. P

Thank you very much Pete! This certainly helps! Now I only need to know how to extract from the gearbox the driven gear which turns the cable. I know that this driven gear has originally 15 teeth but that only a gear with 16 teeth is available, but what I like to know also is how many teeth has...
  15. P

Thanks studmobile, unfortuneately (regarding being a Tiger owner) I am not living in the USA but in the Netherlands in Europe so calling to Texas could be an expensive matter although an email is an option. If I want to inspect the drive gear (following the advice of Sunalp) how do I extract...
  16. P

Thanks again for the responses above! The picture in the parts list ( I have the parts list here at home) doesn't help me very much, because the drawning is not very detailed. That is why I was looking for a picture of how the cable is attached to the gearbox. The picture of the cable on...
  17. P

Thank you very much sunalp for your advice and I will certainly check what you have mentioned! But still I would like an answer regarding the clamp and the cable and of course a detailed picture how the clamp is holding the cable on the gearbox is much appreciated. Regards, Peter
  18. P

I still have this waving of the needle. Checking the speedometer with a drill shows that all is well. I am still confused about the way the cable is attached to the gearbox. Am I missing a part? Should the end of the iron clamp fall into a kind of ring which is situated on the cable? When I red...
  19. P

1962 Series II - Timing Chain Tensioner

If it looks okay, don't change it for another one because the quality of new ones is terrible, the rubber detoriates very fast.
  20. P

Engine stalling

After I found the fault with the PCV oulet my Rapier still had sometimes the stalling problem and it looked very much like you have described it i.e. it stalled when set on 850 RPM and disappeared when set on 1000 RPM. The solution was as follows: set the idle screw when the engine is totally...