• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 7

Repair Shop

Any recommendations on repair shops that know about Alpines? I had an overdrive wire burn and I need a couple of other things done... no one locally can do it. I've had it at a shop for several months with no progress. I'm willing to ship it... thanks
  2. 7

Burned Wire

I had a near catastrophe yesterday... took it for a drive and started smoking under the dash... shut it off, had a wire burning. Fortunately I got it out with no damage. It appears that it only burned the insulation off of one wire... it's a white wire that comes from somewhere around the...
  3. 7

Cranking Amps

I've asked before but never solved the problem... my 64 runs great if it'll start. My problem is, it generally won't without a boost. I've tried replacing the battery, trickle charging, I've checked the ground. The generator light comes on as if it's charging although we know that this may not...
  4. 7

Hard Start

Ok, so I'm not a gear head... not hard to tell, but I have some knowledge... my 64 Alpine is hard to start. It's never been one to start quickly but it's getting worse. Generator is working according to the idiot light. I had a fairly new battery but I took it in and it showed borderline bad so...
  5. 7

Exhaust Odor

Dumb question maybe, but does everyone else have exhaust smell coming over the trunk and into the car, and, if so, what can be done about it? The exhaust is pretty new I think... Thanks
  6. 7

Inside door handle

I need an inside door handle for a series IV if anyone has one cheaper than online price. I have the spring and vanity ring thing, just need a handle. Thanks! email me at llhorton@hotmail.com
  7. 7

Wheels/Covers

I'm finally getting my '64 Model IV back from paint this week! Does anybody (I know you do) know the best place to get alpine custom wheels? I like the spoked variety. I guess also I could just buy hubcaps. Advice anybody? Thanks!
  8. 7

I need Series IV turn signal assemblies

Hi guys and gals: I am look for turn signal assemblies for a 1964 series IV alpine if anyone has them for sale. I haven't looked at the dealers yet, thought I would see who had what. Thanks!
  9. 7

Transmission whine

I just about have my 64 IV out of the shop for general maintenance. The transmission had to have a gear changed and also the overdrive shaft had a slight twist so I ordered a refurb from England. everything went back correctly and the car drives fine, but I'm told that switching back and forth...
  10. 7

64 Sunbeam model IV Transmission Parts Needed

Hi All; I need a part for the transmission on my 64 Alpine IV. Looking at the pictures - I'm not working on it - the spline that holds the gears is twisted. This has made the car kick out of 4th gear while driving. Pictures are attached. Let me know if you have it and how much. I think the...
  11. 7

Turn signal switch

the best I can tell, the turn signal switches are getting hard to get. I have a 1964 series IV if anybody has a working one for sale or knows where to find one I would be grateful... Thanks guys and gals!
  12. 7

Series IV headlight assy

I need a series IV Headlight rim and attachment assy if anyone has one for sale. One was good when I bought it, the other was broken...Thanks
  13. 7

New to here - fixed a problem but have another

Recently bought a 64 IV which has had a lot of work already done to it. Basically a small oil leak and some body work and then a paint...had the problem of it not starting when warmed up - changed the coil as the forum said and it fixed the problem like a dream. Friend of mine pulled the Weber...