• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Who is going to UNITED XXIX in Maine?

Duke

Donation Time
I will be heading out on Wednesday morning (0400) for the two day drive to Rockport.

Who else is planning on attending?

mbruskin

Donation Time
I am leaving early Tuesday morning in my Alpine. Need to leave early to get through Chicago and around the bottom of the lake in Indiana.

Murray

65beam

Donation Time
united

we're leaving around noon tuesday with the harrington hauler behind the GMC. plan to arrive thursday P.M. could make it sooner but i'm traveling with the wife. that's the real reason she bought the closed trailer . it has room for a lot of stuff.

Alpine.67

Platinum Level Sponsor
united travel

Bob : i will be leaving on Wed morning and hope to stop in Albany,NY on Wed nite. drive in on thursday PM. Maybe see you on the road?

Brad
Alpine.67

65beam

Donation Time
maine

brad,
jean only has to see four patients tuesday so we hope to be out and on the road by 1:00. we're staying in harrisburg tuesday and then going across I78 and then to I95 and up the coast. she wants to go thru the new york city area.

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
We're driving from Maryland on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the Series III is one week away from completion and still in California. I guess the Camaro won't be welcome in the concours :)

Kim & Rob Barnes
Series III (almost finished)
Tiger II (restoration just beginning)

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I've made it as far as Roanoke, VA from Atlanta and plan to proceed along I-81 to Scranton tomorrow if weather permits. I have no windshield wipers, apparently a short is present that involves the tach.

So...time to A) RainX the windscreen, B) wait on the mid-Atlantic storm to pass, C) see if unhooking the tach will enable the wipers <s> until I can straighten out the wiring...

britbeam

Donation Time
Way to go Allan! I was wondering how far you got today. Do you have a top on the Tiger? Yea Rainx the fire outta that windscreen. Best of Luck and I will be watching for the post.
Dwain V6 Krazy

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great Job Alan, Keep us posted. Don't move around too many of those wires under that dash!! I'm with Dwain and will watch for further postings.

Cheers,

65beam

Donation Time
united

allan,
i'm at the hotel near the intersection of I 83 and I 283 in harrisburg and i have not seen rain for a couple of hours. i'm just a few miles east of I 81. head north!

65beam

Donation Time
united

allan,
where are you? i hope you stayed away from the rain that we got into on I 95.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
allan,
where are you? i hope you stayed away from the rain that we got into on I 95.

I fixed the wipers this morning before leaving Drums, Pa-- accordingly got a late start--but made it to Wells, Maine.

I plan to take a coast road the rest of the way to Rockland tomorrow morning.

I think the SAOCA folks should do a group photo with our 'beams :) .

??

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
United was a very good time and the hotel accomodations were beautiful. I hadn't traveled through Maine (I am only a couple of hours away from the state, too) so it was a good experience.

BTW< The Minx ran pretty well other than a minor Electrical issue and the slave cylinder to the clutch gave out partially.

65beam

Donation Time
united

steve,
there were a lot of nice cars there also! i enjoyed talking with you about the # 74. i think it was neat that an alpine was voted the most popular car instead of a tiger.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Some day we will have to have a Rootes racing car reunion at an Invasion or a United. I'd love to see the old Buzz Marcus car and many of the others all together in one location.

(BTW< I just saw another entry list where Buzz was racing the Alpine in 1965.... I will have to dig it out.)

Steve

65beam

Donation Time
united

for those that don't know,allan got the trophy for DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH. first place in the premier class ( first place winners in all classes the last three years ) was my 69GT. it also was voted most desirable rootes vehicle. duke also went home with several trophies.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Bob,
Doug was telling me how really neat was the Owl's head museum. I know they have some vintage aircraft there, that are very nice. Lots of other nice cars besides Sunbeams, he said were there. That's great, sounds like a great time.
Jan

65beam

Donation Time
united

jan,
there were a lot of neat,unusual vehicles. some of the bicycles were unbelievable. just watching them trying to start the biplanes was a treat.