• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Remote Oil Filter

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi all

My restoration project continues. I have the headers from SS installed. I need some help determining what type of remote oil filter to use. What type are some of you using?

I have most of the original remote setup and it appears to be complete except for part that is bolted to the block. Thoughts?

many thanks from sunny South Dakota:)

Paul

agmason

Donation Time
I use the shorty/half size filter. You have to buy and insert the threaded hollow rod into the block. Then the filter screws onto the rod. Or, you can go with the right angle filter adapter. This piece mounts a full size filter at right angles to the block. It also allows you to swivel the filter forward or backward to a degree.

ducsingle

Donation Time
I use the shorty/half size filter. You have to buy and insert the threaded hollow rod into the block.

Can you provide a source and part number for the shorty filter and threaded rod?

My V8 Alpine has a remote filter located in the left front wheel well, and I would just as soon eliminate this setup if possible.

Or, you can go with the right angle filter adapter. This piece mounts a full size filter at right angles to the block. It also allows you to swivel the filter forward or backward to a degree.

Same question as above - - - can you steer us in the direction to these parts?

agmason

Donation Time
Ford part number is:

F1AZ6890B - filter adapter for short filter approx. $9.00 use NAPA 1335 or equivalent

M-6880-A50 - right angle adapter for filter approx. $75.00

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
thanks for the info I cannot use NAPA 1335 as there is not enough clearance due to the headers. Looks like I may have to use the right angle adapter.

Paul

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
the right angle adaptor is

Ford Motorsports

Oil adapter kit # M-6880-A50

I believe it used a Tauras V6 filter but my memory is sometimes off

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I use the 90 degree motorsport adapter on my Tiger, but I am still using the factory exhaust system. In using the motorsport adapter, I heard that they will not work with certain headers (make sure you have the room for it). I am not a big fan of using the smaller filters, but other people seem to be using them effectively.

Regards, Robin.

ducsingle

Donation Time
Thanks for the part numbers!

I surfed around and found an article that indicated that in addition to the Ford 90-degree adapter, it was necessary to have two of the F1AZ6890 M/F block adapters.

Can anyone confirm this?

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time

I surfed around and found an article that indicated that in addition to the Ford 90-degree adapter, it was necessary to have two of the F1AZ6890 M/F block adapters.

Can anyone confirm this?

I never installed mine but it is a direct mating to the block.It has the pass through bolt that screws into the block so why would anyone want block adaptors?This is why tiger owners have used it Also the smaller daimeter taraus V6 filter was recommended as I remember.
I used mine when I was experimenting on a different car.

64beam

Donation Time

Can anyone confirm this?

When I installed the adapter on my engine it screwed straight to the block. The adapter should come with the correct fitting to fit to the block (no other adapters needed).

Regards, Robin.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor

RHFG

Donation Time
oli filter adapter

I'm looking for the Ford Econoline oil filter adapter C5TE-6884-A for my car, anyone know where I can get one?

Russ
NZ

64beam

Donation Time
I'm looking for the Ford Econoline oil filter adapter C5TE-6884-A for my car, anyone know where I can get one?

Russ
NZ

Any reason for that particular one? The motorsport adapters are readily available.

Regards, Robin.

AlpineII

Donation Time
I have modified the headers to go straight back and have it cut through and re-enforced the cross member. The results are I can't use the right angle oil filter adapter and even the little tiny filters are too close to the headers and I am worried about the temperature. I am looking for a suggestion on a complete remote filter set up. Anybody buy a complete set up or is it a piece by piece labour??

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Eddie,

The only "complete setup" would be from a Mk-II Tiger (good luck with that) and it still might not work with your headers.

The Canton Racing remote adapter I mentioned previously is about as small as it gets. Remote filter brackets are available from Summit, Jeg's, etc. After that, connect the dots with suitable hose (or steel line).

AlpineII

Donation Time
Barry,
From what I can find it looks like you are right. I'll have to pick up the various parts seperately.