• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I or II brake resevoir bracket

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hi, as I mentioned in another posting I have just purchased a new brake master and remote resevoir from Sunbeam Specialties as I have a single resevoir/master unit on there that isn't correct. I have looked through my parts bin and can't find a bracket for it. If anyone has a spare one they would like to sell I would appreciate it. Also if you have the connecting line between the resevoir and the master cylinder that would be great too.
On a related note, Tom graciously showed me a few pictures of engine bays but I can't quite see how the bracket is attached to the firewall, I don't seem to have any screw holes in the area. I do however have two holes on the wheel well near the fuse holder and I notice in a picture of a Series I Alpine that the resevoir was placed over that end of the support bar not on the firewall. Was this the case with all Series I cars? I'm thinking maybe mine is a Series I shell that was used. It's not a big deal I guess, I can always just attach it to the firewall with a few screws I guess.
Another thing I noticed was that my parts manual shows neither the resevoir or it's bracket (or the connecting line for that matter).
Thanks,
Alan

65beam

Donation Time
reservoir bracket

on a series 1, the reservoir set on the fender well on the back side of the fender well strut and on a series 2 it was bolted on with the two bolts that hold the top of the brake and clutch pedals. these are high up on the firewall.

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Thanks 65beam, I was wondering if it was attached to those bolts.

Alan

on a series 1, the reservoir set on the fender well on the back side of the fender well strut and on a series 2 it was bolted on with the two bolts that hold the top of the brake and clutch pedals. these are high up on the firewall.

sunbeam39

Donation Time
Maybe

I may stil have the parts (bracket) you need. I am not sure tho as my parts are all over the place. Gentleman I bought the Series 1 from already had it apart and never labelled anything. I am not using several parts from it and have them available. Too many to list, would need a picture or drawing of one to let you know if I do have it. PM or email to ldpaul@telus.net:cool: