• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 - What do you call it?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Fortunately, the name was for a prototype, so to use it for an extant vehicle, shouldn´t pose a problem. I like it, and I believe that Bob Sharkey has that on his side badges already. His wife had a couple made for Bob´s birthday, a number of years back. The emblem surround is a stock Alpine, but the interior is different.

Jose

chris

Donation Time
I have a V6 emblem on mine made by someone, I forget the name, who used to post here years a go. I’ll try to attach a photo. I’ve it were up for a vote I’d go with Series 6.

Attachments

• car show 029.jpg
    car show 029.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 72

bluoval

Donation Time
Name

I welded the badge holes so the only place to put a name or statement on my Alpine conversion is the license plate. I intend to get the plate JOSE or BADJOSE . That is if Jose has no objection.. The Tiger has BLUOVAL the 53 Belair has SA LA V . I think the "JOSE" would be a fitting tribute to Jose for his pioneering the V6 conversion. Earl bluoval

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!

Hi Earl,

I don´t have a problem with that, but others might think I am being vain. I feel honored that anyone would want to put my name on their car.

I did the same thing you have done. I like the looks of the Alpine body so much, that I took off all badges and script. Some might think that the car needs something to spruce it up, but it is so clean without anything. If I´d had the money, I would have shaved off the door handles and used hidden trunk hinges too.

Jose

I welded the badge holes so the only place to put a name or statement on my Alpine conversion is the license plate. I intend to get the plate JOSE or BADJOSE . That is if Jose has no objection.. The Tiger has BLUOVAL the 53 Belair has SA LA V . I think the "JOSE" would be a fitting tribute to Jose for his pioneering the V6 conversion. Earl bluoval

bluoval

Donation Time
Hi Jose Thank you for your blessing. As far as to what others think, who cares? We are not in this world to worry about what others think as long as we do not tread on them.. So JOSE it will be. Earl bluoval

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
What do you call it?

So is there any interest in commissioning a batch of Alpine V6 badges?? Pooling our resources would certainly help the cost.

Or are we darksiders from the "we don't need no stinking badges" school?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Todd,

How do you propose to get all the Darksiders to agree on one design? Think of who you're dealing with...:rolleyes: