• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Repair panels ??

Sownman

Donation Time
Saw this ad on ebay. Fellow is selling a clock, which is of no interest to me but in the last sentence of his description he says he has several "repair panels" in the barn, call and ask.

Don't know if he means floor pans, boot floor, body sheet metal or something completely different but if your looking for something that might fit the "repair panel" description shoot him a note.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sunb...d=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:10|39:1|240:1318

Steve

hillmanhuskyguy

Silver Level Sponsor
Saw that one last nite, pretty witty ad for a clock that doesn't work full time.
Completely missed the repair panel bit.....!
Like the guys style!
And a clock might be better than my speedo for the Husky, more relative.

Cris

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
That is good to know. I saw that ad too and have been talking to him about floors. I was going to post a question to see if anyone had worked with him before. I am happy to know that someone has and has good things to say.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
That's Randy Willett. He's a good guy and is one of the very few who can rebuild and supply quality 5" & 7" servos. Chances are that the panels he has are Martel.

Mark

65beam

Donation Time
repair panels

in his e mail to me yesterday, he mentioned three different names of guys that had made panels for him over the years . he also said they made some of their own .

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I knew the name was familiar, but couldn't place it. He told me he has a couple of guys who hand make the panels, so they aren't Martel's.

65beam

Donation Time
repair panels

does anyone know who in florida is supposed to be selling martels panels ? we need a repair panel for the right lower fender and the person working on my car prefers rob's panels .

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
I don't think that is the correct clock, the bezel around the clock may be wrong. I think the Sunbeams had a bezel that had a dbl styled radius????
Andrew

alpine_64

Donation Time
I don't think that is the correct clock, the bezel around the clock may be wrong. I think the Sunbeams had a bezel that had a dbl styled radius????
Andrew

Andrew you are correct, the alpine/tiegr clocks have the rounded bezel, however you can interchange the bexel with another smiths clock.. the part number on the face is still the same despite different bezels.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
The Bezels are hard to remove in fear of the little tabs being broken off. They are not the best things to mess with. I am not sure it would be worth the trouble to mess with the bezel, as these clocks do not work most of the time. I think if I had an original clock and it didn't work I would just leave it that way and enjoy the fact that it was original, that is if original is important to you.

It just bothers me a bit when a part it sold as an Alpine or Tiger part and it is not the original style that came with the cars.

Not a biggy but I think people should know it they are trying to put together a period correct car.

Andrew

alpine_64

Donation Time
It just bothers me a bit when a part it sold as an Alpine or Tiger part and it is not the original style that came with the cars.

Not a biggy but I think people should know it they are trying to put together a period correct car.

Andrew

Andrew,

You are dealing with 2 sitautinos:

1. Person is unaware the part is not correct.
a. This can mean "it was on the car so i figured it was right" sometimes not a sunbeam part at all.
b. The part is sunbeam and not correct for that model (they dont know this) often when people dont know the difference between a SI vs Sv leta lone detail differences.

2. Person knows the part is not correct but it looks similar so they list it as "Tiger" or "all series'.. i have mailed many sellers to tell them the parts correct application and either get rude responses or ignored.. these are the people trying to RIP US OFF and should be avoided.

Sownman

Donation Time
2. Person knows the part is not correct but it looks similar so they list it as "Tiger" or "all series'.. i have mailed many sellers to tell them the parts correct application and either get rude responses or ignored.. these are the people trying to RIP US OFF and should be avoided.

There is a guy goes by jaags on ebay. A kiwi who sells tool kits to Brit cars and motorcycles. He listed a pair of pliers for a Tiger some months ago. I let him know they were similar but per the photos I had of actual Tiger kits they were wrong. He was grateful for the help. Later on he listed another pair of Tiger pliers. This time correct and I bought them. Now there is another pair of Tiger pliers for sale, wrong again, guess he didn't learn or he's hoping the buyers won't know the difference.

Steve