• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 aniversary

AustinAlpine

Donation Time
Hi Jose and happy belated birthday! It's been awhile since I've checked the forum. I believe I am the Texas owner of the oldest "V6 Jose Alpine" Jose was referring to. I'm honored, proud, and still absolutely in love with the car.
Actually, I have a little story to tell since I just fell in love with her once again. She had a slight mishap 5 months ago (don't worry, there's a happy ending). Yeah, she was parked looking all pretty and a neighbor accidently backed his gigundo suburban into the rear and smashed the the tail light unit and damaged the fin slightly. He totally did not see her. Well he made good and the insurance company compensated. Still, I felt incredibly disheartened to see her hurt like this. I was a bit apprehensive on who to take it to since my last experience with a body shop was terrible (owned a ford probe that had crackling on the roof and the dealership painted the whole car under warranty and made it even worse with a terrible drippy paint job and chemical burns on the rubber and plastic parts. ugghhhh!). Anyway, I found an excellent local shop called Twomey Auto Works and talked to the owner, Don Twomey, a totally honest and straight up nice guy. He actually works on many classics and I saw a bunch in different stages in the shop. After 4 months of waiting due to a few storms that delt some hail which kept his shop busy, I just picked up the "V6 Jose Alpine" this past Wednesday (yes, that's 4 months of withdrawals) and she looks just like when I first layed eyes on her! And my birthday is tomorrow which is looking to be a nice sunny day in Austin. I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to take her out for a spin!

Marbenn

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Happy B-day Marben!!

I hope you have a great ride in your baby. I know you will continue to enjoy your Alpine for many years to come. It makes me happy to know that it ended up in the hands of someone who loves her, maybe as much as I did. Keep us informed of your adventures with it.

Jose :)

Mark T

Donation Time
Happy belated birthday Jose!!!! And I hope that you have many more happy, healthy birthdays! I'm sorry that it's sooo belated but I haven't been on the Forum for awhile as we bought a new house and have been trying to sell our existing house and our cottage so that we wouldn't have to carry 3 mortgages this winter. Not a very easy task in today's real estate market. The good news is that we sold the cottage a month ago and the house last night. Now I can breathe again!