• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

holbay wagon!

howard

Donation Time
It's nice. But there's SOMETHING about the way the wheels are situated that bugs me. AMC use to do something screwy with the wheels on the Eagle and the Matador that just bothered me. For that matter, this wagon reminds me (distantly, mind you) of the AMC Hornet. But, unlike the Hornet, I like this wagon.

Bratfink

Donation Time
Oh good lord it's awful! Make it stop!

The arrows series was the death knell for Rootes, and what a whimper to go out on. They started making these in 66 and they have very similar proportions to MkII Ford Cortina's. The 'Super Series' sedans finished in 65/66 but the MkIV Singer Vogue Estate was made for another year which is why mine crosses over this model slightly.

Best thing to do with that car is rip the motor out and stick it in an earlier car.

Jim E

Donation Time
Nah man this is one cool car! Imagine loading it up with suit cases and boxes of bits and rolling to the Invasion! Now that would be a crowd pleaser!