• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Miata Seats for Alpine

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
Hi Folks,

I know there was previous discussion about the feasibility of Miata seats in an Alpine.

I am considering installing a set in my S-V as I need something with comfort and back support. The Alpine seats are not doing it for me, being 6'2 and all...

If anyone has done such a conversion, I would appreciate some photos of the install and any modifications required for the setup.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ohan,

Will try and get you some pics of the one here.. nice seats with speakers in the headrests ;-)

bashby

Donation Time
Miate Seats SV

I have 1990 Miata seats in my S-V, posted some photos, different thread. The Miata seats sit a little taller so, at 6'2" you may have trouble. I am looking into putting the Miata backs on the Alpine cushions.

Peter macdonald

Donation Time
MX5 the way to go

Back problems, they are gone. Mx5 seats fit so well. You can use one of the existing floor mount, weld a captive 3/8" nut. I drilled the floor for 2 other mounts. Using 1" box section across the rear for elevation with tab welded on for the 4th bolt.
Two hour drives are a now so easy.

Regards
Peter.