• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New ALPINE IV, V & TIGER Rear View Mirror

Richard Fritz

Diamond Level Sponsor
INTERIOR REAR VIEW MIRROR for SALE1-20230323_101358.jpg2-20230323_101438.jpg3-20230323_101532.jpg4-20230323_101555.jpg

Brand new mirror, mirror head, chrome post and rubber buffer. Mirror head measures 7″ and will replace Alpine IV, V and Tiger mirrors. Purchased for Alpine III GT but mirror head was too big. $200.

R Fritz
Summerville, SC

alpine_64

Donation Time
Richard...will fit all Alpines s3-V and all tiger. Is correct for late SIV-V and late MkI MKII tiger
This mirror has the larger and wide head and is oval with a vibration stay.
Early ones are smaller rectangle and no vibray stay

Richard Fritz

Diamond Level Sponsor
INTERIOR REAR VIEW MIRROR for SALEView attachment 28366View attachment 28367View attachment 28368View attachment 28369

Brand new mirror, mirror head, chrome post and rubber buffer. Mirror head measures 7″ and will replace Alpine IV, V and Tiger mirrors. Purchased for Alpine III GT but mirror head was too big. $200.

R Fritz
Summerville, SC
This mirror will fit a Series III Alpine too. The only issue was the larger oval head interfered with the deploying the sun visors. RF

alpine_64

Donation Time
This mirror will fit a Series III Alpine too. The only issue was the larger oval head interfered with the deploying the sun visors. RF
Yes Richard covered that in my post.
The repro Sun visors are all based on the later style with the notch for the wider mirror. So if you swicth the visors to the later style it will work...
That said.. the early style visors are rare and nice to have.
They did repro them for a little while in the 90s but of late they have all been the late style as they work for both mirrors

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I've seen one pair of the early visors and the foam inside was dust...
NOD
New Old Dust....

fireroad

Donation Time
It’s this a factory mirror or a repro? If repro is it larger than the factor mirror that came with the SVs?

Richard Fritz

Diamond Level Sponsor
Richard...will fit all Alpines s3-V and all tiger. Is correct for late SIV-V and late MkI MKII tiger
This mirror has the larger and wide head and is oval with a vibration stay.
Early ones are smaller rectangle and no vibray stay.
You are correct, Michael.
It’s this a factory mirror or a repro? If repro is it larger than the factor mirror that came with the SVs?
It is a reproduction and identical to the original.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
It is a reproduction and identical to the original.
Except it's missing a piece. On the original there's a molded piece that is attached to that base and that's
where the glass is mounted. It's almost like a vacuum molded piece that's bonded to the base. That's the hardest
part when restoring these mirrors.

Richard Fritz

Diamond Level Sponsor
Except it's missing a piece. On the original there's a molded piece that is attached to that base and that's where the glass is mounted. It's almost like a vacuum molded piece that's bonded to the base. That's the hardest part when restoring these mirrors.
Interesting. Ever find one? A little mirror glue from Home Depot should work too.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Interesting. Ever find one? A little mirror glue from Home Depot should work too.
Richard the part Paul refers to I'd a plastic part that forms a lip around the edge of the mirror between the glass and mirror body. The early style mirrors also had this. They become brittle and crack when pressure is applied moving the mirror.

The mirror head is shared with the healey 3000 MKII and III .. the stalk is unique to the sunbeam.

Another slight correction re originality is that the repro uses 2 screws to secure the head the original is secured with blind riverts

Richard Fritz

Diamond Level Sponsor
Richard the part Paul refers to I'd a plastic part that forms a lip around the edge of the mirror between the glass and mirror body. The early style mirrors also had this. They become brittle and crack when pressure is applied moving the mirror.

The mirror head is shared with the healey 3000 MKII and III .. the stalk is unique to the sunbeam.

Another slight correction re originality is that the repro uses 2 screws to secure the head the original is secured with blind riverts
It is a repro head. It has no plastic retainer bead to hold in the mirror. And now the head will fit an AH 3000 II and III. Good to know.

Richard Fritz

Diamond Level Sponsor
Further to the list of original Sunbeam Alpine 4-5 and Tiger mirror identifiers... I found a recent used "original" factory Series 4-5 and Tiger mirror posted on eBay.
The eBay mirror had black rivets on the back of the mirror head as mentioned in this thread, and it does appear to have the black plastic retainer bead that holds the mirror in the head, also mentioned in the thread for my Forum post. I suppose a length of rubber "o" ring material could be carefully glued in its place. The used "original" eBay mirror sold for $220 (see attached photos). I'm selling one as close to a new original as you can get, unless there is one in a Sunbeam time-capsule somewhere, with screws to hold the head in place on the post and a brand-new reproduction, I presume, rubber windshield bumper too for $200. For someone needing such an item, this is a great enhancement.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    179 KB · Views: 12
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 11
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 11
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 11

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Rich, I am in need of a center mirror. And would like to purchase yours.

Sent a PM to you.

Last edited: